General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 168 59.4%
  • Conservative

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 25 8.8%
  • Reform

Votes: 37 13.1%
  • Green Party

Votes: 16 5.7%
  • Other

Votes: 29 10.2%

• Total voters
I love an election all-nighter it has to be said. Get stocked up in front of the telly from 10pm onwards and bring it on.

I might break the habit of a lifetime and give BBC1 a wide berth. Not sure I can stand a full night of Laura K without a high risk of hallucinations/nightmares.
Will have to hop between ITV, Sky or Channel 4 who look like they’ve got an interesting mix of on air talent lined up.

In fact I’m even sad enough to watch those occasional re-runs on BBC Parliament when they replay election night coverage from yesteryear.

Anyone else looking forward to it, or is it just me?
Nah use to when I was younger and thought the world would change, now I realise the rich will stay rich, the poor will stay poor and us in the middle will finance both.

I love an election all-nighter it has to be said. Get stocked up in front of the telly from 10pm onwards and bring it on.

I might break the habit of a lifetime and give BBC1 a wide berth. Not sure I can stand a full night of Laura K without a high risk of hallucinations/nightmares.
Will have to hop between ITV, Sky or Channel 4 who look like they’ve got an interesting mix of on air talent lined up.

In fact I’m even sad enough to watch those occasional re-runs on BBC Parliament when they replay election night coverage from yesteryear.

Absolutely. Had something in my diary for 5th which was booked in well before the election that I managed to square off a couple of days ago, and I’ve now booked the day off. Haven’t been as engaged with a GE in years, since 1997, and possibly even more than that, and I think it’s going to be epic!

Sky News and Channel 4 for me.

Absolutely. Had something in my diary for 5th which was booked in well before the election that I managed to square off a couple of days ago, and I’ve now booked the day off. Haven’t been as engaged with a GE in years, since 1997, and possibly even more than that, and I think it’s going to be epic!

Brilliant pal, same here.

Got to be Channel 4

Krishnan Guru-Murthy and Emily Maitlis plus Alistair Campbell and Rory Stewart is pretty good, but they also have Carol Vorderman and Nadine Dorries - will be fun to watch Mad Nads crying about Boris

Not sure you'll need to stay up all night. Sunak will be calling Starmer to admit defeat in the early hours.

You'll just be watching new labour MPs give almost identical speeches after that.
Will wait for the exit poll then try and grab a couple of hours sleep before the results start coming in

Channel 4 is a shout. Especially if they have David Mitchell on.

Got to be Channel 4

Krishnan Guru-Murthy and Emily Maitlis plus Alistair Campbell and Rory Stewart is pretty good, but they also have Carol Vorderman and Nadine Dorries - will be fun to watch Mad Nads crying about Boris

A journo who asked if a coup could be staged against the leader of the opposition, a war criminal and the centrist idea of a "good" Tory.

I'll pass.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.