General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 177 58.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 26 8.6%
  • Reform

Votes: 41 13.6%
  • Green Party

Votes: 19 6.3%
  • Other

Votes: 30 10.0%

• Total voters
If I remember correctly @Ric, quite rightly in my opinion, said you can’t be identified in the poll. I think his reasoning was to curb the name calling etc.
Our illustrious leader is always fair and balanced when it comes to these sort of things.
If the electoral ballot is secret at the ballot box then it should be secret everywhere.
I realise that mate. I was just having a cheeky prod at the name callers/witch-hunters.

If I remember correctly @Ric, quite rightly in my opinion, said you can’t be identified in the poll. I think his reasoning was to curb the name calling etc.
Our illustrious leader is always fair and balanced when it comes to these sort of things.
If the electoral ballot is secret at the ballot box then it should be secret everywhere.
Indeed.

Everyone should use their vote and decide accordingly who suits their interests the best. There's no need to name and shame anyone that votes the opposites of you.

All this boxing people has got us into a lot of shit. It divides us. And the more it divides us the more the sociopaths who run the country, whatever colour rosette is will take advantage of it.

Brexit has screwed any kind of respect and decency In debate. Aided by the current shambles gaslighting the nation over everything they've fucked up for their own gain.

We need to relearn being civil and respectful of all views, even confronting ones that may seem abhorrent to us.

Maybe then we can all go forward as a society together in the best interests of the majority.

Most of us are fucked economically, which despite our moral political persuasions is probably the most important thing to our future security.

Rather than stirring up culture wars and other BS. I would like one party to say;

"We've got this. Be patient because we've got a lot to clean up, but don't worry anyone found to be creating that mess will be held to account by the country and eventually you'll see your lives improving. We will call out any one or anything that is trying to harm that."

Indeed.

Everyone should use their vote and decide accordingly who suits their interests the best. ...
No problem with the rest of your post but why put selfishness as the motive for voting? Whether it's utilitarianism (greatest good for the greatest number) or Golden Rule (do for others what you would have them do for you) or any collectivist philosophy, surely there's a better way to cast a vote than what suits one's own interests.

1719695244942.pngI I know it wasn't just women and I also know that I post this, or similar, at every General Election but it is still relevant today. In fact probably more relevant this year than ever.
I don't care who you vote for, I really don't but I do care that you use your vote. They have taken too much away from us don't let them take away our right to democratic elections please.
Sorry, lecture over but please use your vote on Thursday.

Last edited:
Absolutely. Had something in my diary for 5th which was booked in well before the election that I managed to square off a couple of days ago, and I’ve now booked the day off. Haven’t been as engaged with a GE in years, since 1997, and possibly even more than that, and I think it’s going to be epic!

Sky News and Channel 4 for me.

I predict Labour will win, nowt much epic or unusual gonna happen. Unless someone is off work I wouldn't be wasting a day's holiday on it tbh.

No problem with the rest of your post but why put selfishness as the motive for voting? Whether it's utilitarianism (greatest good for the greatest number) or Golden Rule (do for others what you would have them do for you) or any collectivist philosophy, surely there's a better way to cast a vote than what suits one's own interests.
I believe there is.

A lot voters don't give a fuck and are more concerned with if they'll have more money or not. Some would vote for a party that gets rid of NI then kick off because they didn't realise they would have to pay for their pensions/healthcare because they see it being all about their own wellbeing over everyone else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.