General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 177 58.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 26 8.6%
  • Reform

Votes: 41 13.6%
  • Green Party

Votes: 19 6.3%
  • Other

Votes: 30 10.0%

• Total voters
No problem with the rest of your post but why put selfishness as the motive for voting? Whether it's utilitarianism (greatest good for the greatest number) or Golden Rule (do for others what you would have them do for you) or any collectivist philosophy, surely there's a better way to cast a vote than what suits one's own interests.
I suppose ideally ones own interests should overlap with the greater good, but human nature etc ...

I predict Labour will win, nowt much epic or unusual gonna happen. Unless someone is off work I wouldn't be wasting a day's holiday on it tbh.
Not me personally, but can see the pull of watching the Tories and Brexit liars getting absolutely trounced in the GE.

All that nastiness from the Tories, turned on its face and told to fuck right off, and maybe never come back.

I believe there is.

A lot voters don't give a fuck and are more concerned with if they'll have more money or not. Some would vote for a party that gets rid of NI then kick off because they didn't realise they would have to pay for their pensions/healthcare because they see it being all about their own wellbeing over everyone else.
Indeed, what's really needed is higher taxes but not via fiscal drag to jumpstart the country from the shitshow it is now but, that'd never be a vote winner as £5 apparently extra a month in your pocket is all an awful lot of the public who would see the benefit of better targeted services care about.

Anyone know anything as to the accuracy of local polls? I'm in the new Bicester and Woodstock seat, so no incumbent or voting history, and am wondering how trustable the tactical voting sites are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.