General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 182 58.5%
  • Conservative

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 26 8.4%
  • Reform

Votes: 42 13.5%
  • Green Party

Votes: 19 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 34 10.9%

• Total voters
It’s not - I notice the other day someone on here said they were voting reform. Kaz says within a minute surely you are trolling. Different opinions are allowed without insults. The left screamed for harsher lock downs more state costs during Covid and now we are paying the price it’s almost as if that did not happen. Imagine if labour had been in during Covid. I dread the next 8 years.

Why should I say otherwise? My opinion and I maintain it. Pre Covid we were In a decent position to kick on.

That is a bit unfair, loads of people have come on here saying they're voting Reform and have been engaged in discussions rather than simply dismissed as trolls. That doesn't mean we have to agree with them of course, that's the nature of a forum.

Kaz' comments at that poster were quite obviously a result of the fact they had a 3 month old account, about 20 posts and then they suddenly started posting conspiratorial and adversarial things on about four different threads within the space of an hour that looked deliberately designed to get a rise out of people. Maybe they were genuine but she was perfectly within her rights to say that is characteristic of trolling behaviour.

That is a bit unfair, loads of people have come on here saying they're voting Reform and have been engaged in discussions rather than simply dismissed as trolls. That doesn't mean we have to agree with them of course, that's the nature of a forum.

Kaz' comments at that poster were quite obviously a result of the fact they had a 3 month old account, about 20 posts and then they suddenly started posting conspiratorial and adversarial things on about four different threads within the space of an hour that looked deliberately designed to get a rise out of people. Maybe they were genuine but she was perfectly within her rights to say that is characteristic of trolling behaviour.
Thanks

Enjoy your victory - genuinely pleased for you. I maintain it’s a fucking unmitigated disaster for the country. Back in the politics thread in a couple of years time.

Enjoy your victory - genuinely pleased for you. I maintain it’s a fucking unmitigated disaster for the country. Back in the politics thread in a couple of years time.

I understand your reservations, my mum has similar perspectives, that side of the family are all small c conservatives. And maybe you’ll be right, who am I to say? Put it this way, if in 20 years Labour have led us down a bad path and the Tories have the swell of public opinion, the shoe will be on the other foot and I might be apprehensive about them in the same way because of my experience of the last 14 years.

All I can ask is that, if in four years we look back and it hasn’t been an unmitigated disaster, that perhaps those who predict the apocalypse will be big enough to introspect and admit they were wrong.

It will take a whole term to steady this ship and get the economy stable again , some hard decisions to be made but they have promised not the austery we had before , no point posting hysterically from day one , patience is key

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.