General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
No, I mean realistically. For me, my workmates, my neighbour and the community around me. What will change? Im pretty jaded with politics as I think they are all self serving, some just worse than others. Labour are fucking shite but that's our only hope, that's not a good situation to be in

If I saw a genuine pledge to tackle homelessness, crime, help the vulnerable, build social housing etc then id be all in.
Think back to the Blair and Brown governments they were Labour governments, we had a stongish economy and public services that worked all of that has been destroyed by the Tories, like it took Blair and Brown a while to get things moving after the destruction of Thatcher and Major, it will take a new Labour government time to reverse some of the damage , I perfectly understand them not leading with their chins coming into an election, they need the centre ground and that is not the ground for a radical manifesto (as is proven time and time again) what will happen is the slow ramping up of public spending of course there will be easy wins like recruiting more Police Officers and more Border Force workers (the only thing that's needed to stop the boats) stuff like increasing bed numbers in the NHS gets people off trollies in corridors, increasing Local authority spending on the elderly and the vulnerable keeps them from turning up at A & E.

Thern there are some big ticket items that will require long term thinking, we are generally a happier and more united country under Labour

One mistake that people make is thinking they are going to get everything they want from one Party or another that's never going to happen you have to look at the direction they are pointing in, do we want this Country with an American system of wealth disparity and healthcare or more a european style system

Wonder if we will get any Russia/China interference. Fully expecting fake nudes of Starmer running through a primary school

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.