General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 214 59.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 9 2.5%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 29 8.1%
  • Reform

Votes: 47 13.1%
  • Green Party

Votes: 21 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 38 10.6%

• Total voters
What's weird? Old people are used to voting, young people aren't.

So they get bombarded with more pamphlets? I don’t get why they wouldn’t send it to all the voters in the house particularly as my constituency is looking like it’s going to be a very close call.

My main point was how godawful the messaging was in them though.

So they get bombarded with more pamphlets? I don’t get why they wouldn’t send it to all the voters in the house particularly as my constituency is looking like it’s going to be a very close call.

My main point was how godawful the messaging was in them though.

I assume at 19 he's being targeted because they assume he hasn't voted, and is more likely to be open to persuasion?

The leaflets that you've described are probably crap - but then compared to the absolute bollocks that all the parties are putting on tiktok, they sound almost Shakespearean :/

I assume at 19 he's being targeted because they assume he hasn't voted, and is more likely to be open to persuasion?

The leaflets that you've described are probably crap - but then compared to the absolute bollocks that all the parties are putting on tiktok, they sound almost Shakespearean :/

Yes I’d assume it’s that too and very true on the social media side to it!

NHS Database was sold off .... without your permission

Please dont bother applying for private medical insurance or life insurance in a few years cos if youre a bad risk you won't be eligible.
They tried to get our permission at first but nobody signed it off; so one of the first things they did when they got their 80 seat majority was push it through Parliament. I wonder who gets the kickback from that little deal??

I'm reading a list of a lot of things that don't appear to have happened, and a lot of things that put a sensationalised spin on anything remotely right wing that New Labour did.
Unlike the context free meme of achievements?
I suspect we can both agree that New Labour had an authoritarian streak, that is a long way from my own views,
Absolutely.
but if that's what you take away from the list of achievements posted
It isn't. The authoritarianism is part of the historical record just as the achievements are.
, then I'm not surprised that you so often appear to be in a bad mood.
Just as exasperated as you pal nothing more :)

Unlike the context free meme of achievements?
At least the meme is full of things like "scrapped Section 28", which means that Labour "scrapped section 28".

That twitter list is full of policies that didn't happen, things that people said in interviews that weren't policies, and some that linked to articles with policies that sound absolutely nothing like the description.

bluenova said:
, then I'm not surprised that you so often appear to be in a bad mood.
Realise you replied to the post but I'd already edited this out, because I thought it was a bit personal. Apologies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.