General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 218 59.6%
  • Conservative

Votes: 10 2.7%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 29 7.9%
  • Reform

Votes: 48 13.1%
  • Green Party

Votes: 21 5.7%
  • Other

Votes: 40 10.9%

• Total voters
I'm reading a list of a lot of things that don't appear to have happened, and a lot of things that put a sensationalised spin on anything remotely right wing that New Labour did.

I suspect we can both agree that New Labour had an authoritarian streak, that is a long way from my own views, but is that really what you take away from the list of achievements posted?
The Labour government could have absolutely no achievements between 1997 and 2010, and it'd still put them ahead of 'starved our poorest children,' 'left over 10% of the population waiting for NHS treatment' and 'filled our rivers with shit'.

A bigger bunch of twats than the Tory twats that have been running the country into the ground for the past fourteen years? Get real Rishi.
Well, if you seriously think labour are going to do a better job than the Tories you need your head examined, yes the Tories have been as you say it twats, but you ain't seen nothing yet, when labour get in.
How anyone with kids or grandkids can vote for that pile of turd is completely beyond me.

Well, if you seriously think labour are going to do a better job than the Tories you need your head examined, yes the Tories have been as you say it twats, but you ain't seen nothing yet, when labour get in.
How anyone with kids or grandkids can vote for that pile of turd is completely beyond me.

I know one thing .... my kids and grandkids are safer because of the Good Friday Agreement. An agreement held together by the ECHR..... The very convention that the ''current pile of turds in power'' are trying to dismantle so that they can turn back a few people in small boats .

Yes, I fully anticipate the country to be in better shape under labour. The Tories have been nothing short of disgraceful

What exactly is it that you think will happen that will be worse than what we've had from the last few Conservative administrations?

All we're getting now is Tories saying they "fear" Labour when what they fear is that Labour will be making things get better and the Tory party will die with its last supporters.

Not true at all - if labour improve the country fantastic. Very blinkered view. The fear is that the 11 million economically inactive will grow further under labour. This is our fundamental problem but can’t be discussed.

Not true at all - if labour improve the country fantastic. Very blinkered view. The fear is that the 11 million economically inactive will grow further under labour. This is our fundamental problem but can’t be discussed.

'Othering' again ..lets blame the 'Economically inactive' for this countries problems without understanding that of the 11 million ... 6,3 million are registered disabled (all have been assessed by GPs and DWP Work Capability assessments) A large majority of the remaining (4.9 million are carers) cant work full time because they have to look after somebody either disabled or elderly.

Image.jpg

Why is it a problem?

Who are the "economically inactive"? It includes the rich who can afford not to work, including those made redundant but with a decent pension.

I think you think getting a few thousand "discouraged workers" back in work will mean we need fewer immigrants.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.