General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 57.2%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 39 8.4%
  • Reform

Votes: 70 15.1%
  • Green Party

Votes: 27 5.8%
  • Other

Votes: 51 11.0%

• Total voters
As I’ve said previously on this topic… There is currently a greater chance of asylum applicants drowning in the Channel than being sent to Rwanda.

Now as poor as Rwanda’s human rights record might be, I suspect death may be a stronger deterrent.

So it begs the question, if a small chance of death doesn’t stop them coming, why do Tories think a small chance of being sent to Rwanda will?

There was a news report the other day when the family crossing were told it was 100% safe. You may be overestimating their understanding of the dangers from the comfort of your own knowledge. I suspect their understanding on Rwanda human rights and the UK's policy of deportation is going to be pretty low as well if they can be convinced that going across the English Channel on an inflatable is safe.

All of which dooms said policy to making any difference whatsoever to the number of people who attempt it. IMHO.

Stamer, gobshite Rayner, Lammy, Abbot. I wouldn't trust them to run a corner shop, never mind the country. God help us all!!!

Thanks Vic.
Seems I might have been right with “most”, but due to being on holiday couldn’t be arsed checking.
Wonder why the Tories on here have been trying to downplay the impact?
It's utterly fucking pathetic seeing people trying to downplay how many have been affected by increased mortgage rates as a result of Truss's and Kwarteng's Kamikaze budget. Literally millions and millions have been impacted to the tune of tens of thousands of pounds yet that fucking drip Sunak reckons the people of this country are more arsed about stopping the boats. Well if they were, then surely the Tories would be looking at winning by a landslide tomorrow!

It's utterly fucking pathetic seeing people trying to downplay how many have been affected by increased mortgage rates as a result of Truss's and Kwarteng's Kamikaze budget. Literally millions and millions have been impacted to the tune of tens of thousands of pounds yet that fucking drip Sunak reckons the people of this country are more arsed about stopping the boats. Well if they were, then surely the Tories would be looking at winning by a landslide tomorrow!
Interest rates have gone up around the world , not just the UK

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.