General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 139 61.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Reform

Votes: 27 12.0%
  • Green Party

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 21 9.3%

• Total voters
I have been reading up on Conservative posts of the removal of VAT from school fees like Eton and Harrow.

Opinion splits 3 ways - 1/ the Rees-Mogg view that is anti it but can and would afford it and pay up. 2/ the middle ground who would rather it didn't happen but understand the advantage it brings so will pay up and make economies elsewhere in life and 3 / the aspirational oiks who shouldn't be there so can be cast adrift.

However the main reason that comes across is that they know politics ebbs and flows and when a Conservative Govt is returned the " giving the kids of rich parents a tax break on school fees " will be a hard sell. The status quo can be defended a return to inequality is much harder

But enough about @TinFoilHat, let’s get back to the topic at hand: how badly the Tories are going to lose on American Independence Day.

giphy.gif
For the record I don't have a bath.

I believe my natural scent will attract the right lady for me.

After just watching Question Time ZZzzzz
We’re in for a very long six weeks, Tories trying defend what a Fooking shambles they’ve made of things , and then there’s labour , if , buts and maybe’s in what there’ll change. Shocking viewing from two mainstream parties. Never thought I’d think this but Daisy Cooper probably came out best , the only one to have definite answers.
In my opinion a total shit show from the government, but labour have no radical change either , or any at all.
The electorate Deserves better than this.

And don’t they all look absolutely ecstatic to be in his company.

Especially the woman to his right, who exhibits a level of excitement rarely seen outside of funerals for beloved pets.

She’s shy and likely nervous , all the cameras are in front of her and she is trying not to slip up by being emotionless as possible.

She’s shy and likely nervous , all the cameras are in front of her and she is trying not to slip up by being emotionless as possible.
Yeah, we’ll go with that, rather than having to listen to yet another incompetent man that she could outperform with her eyes closed if only given half the chance he was offered.

Personally, I am hoping for a hung parliament, a great showing by the Greens, a decent showing by the Lib Dems, and a record-high number of Independents returned.

I don't trust any of them to have a majority government. At least with a hung parliament they will be forced into fruitful debate in order to get things passed, rather than the appearance of debate prior to rubber stamping legislation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.