General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
So managed a once in a lifetime pandemic, paid everyone to sit on their arse, managed inflation, offered a referendum which was democratic and won, wages now rising ahead of inflation, interest rates predicted to be 3% by the end of 2025.

in 2020 interest rates were low, inflation low and debt being managed ready for a decade of growth.

I cant believe how stupid people are thinking labour are the answer. I am beyond gutted.

I've spoke to the lads at Calais they have a puncture proof dinghy for you to sail to Canada on, good luck Mark.

I am by no means a Royalist but the Queen did mean something to me because she was there throughout my entire life and this - THIS - if for none of the myriad other reasons is the reason to destroy the Tories. Faux patriots - their God is money their quest is self aggrandisement and their victims are anyone who doesn't agree with them.

@Worsleyweb Got anything to add? I mean, you're a Royalist yourself but you're also so far up Johnson's arse it's untrue. What's your take on Johnson and his mates holding lockdown parties that flew in the face of Covid laws while simultaneously telling the rest of the country to abide by those same laws? What's your take on Johnson holding one such party the night before the Queen's husband's funeral - an event where she observed social distancing laws perfectly? Whose side are you on? The Queen's or your mate Boris?

@Worsleyweb Got anything to add? I mean, you're a Royalist yourself but you're also so far up Johnson's arse it's untrue. What's your take on Johnson and his mates holding lockdown parties that flew in the face of Covid laws while simultaneously telling the rest of the country to abide by those same laws? What's your take on Johnson holding one such party the night before the Queen's husband's funeral - an event where she observed social distancing laws perfectly? Whose side are you on? The Queen's or your mate Boris?

its utter bullshit - far worse done by Labour ordering curries up in the North easy. Its all this noise and bullshit that has led to todays disaster.

I mean, how dare anyone in this country get support with their energy bills. And bringing other, poorer, countries into it is utterly fucking irrelevant. If you want to go down that route then I'm sure you'll be happy to donate a percentage of your income to poorer countries then? No, I didn't think so either.

So if the Lib Dems were in charge during the energy cost crisis, are you saying they wouldn't have offered support with energy bills?

Deflection from your own position. You either give a fuck about people or you don’t. It’s not selective for me, for you it is.

As for other countries. I don’t donate to UK charities for overseas aid but prefer directly supporting. My daughter has volunteered just outside Kumasi (Ghana) past 2 summers to teach local kids in the school and look after others at the orphanage - I funded her along with ongoing support for the school to allow other kids to go who otherwise couldn’t (£40 per student per year). I suppose I’ve seen and heard what I consider real poverty is and how our decisions can impact the world’s poorest.

4.5% was a big jump, but least i know what i'm paying now and don't have to go through remortgage for a long time.
Well at least your remortgage went through. Mine has issues and I’m currently on 9% variable rate for a month while the papers get fixed! Mortgage gone up a grand. Great!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.