General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
Funny one from earlier - a lass I know from my local Lidl lived with her mum and dad then she and her partner bought the house next door. She told me she went in to vote not knowing the system ( I know ) so produced her driving license. She hasn't changed it so the address in number 12 when she lives at number 14 and told them that was her address when asked. They concentrated so hard on the picture and her face they didn't seem to get the address discrepancy and she voted.

edit update - is that voter fraud?
No only the fact these fuckin Yanks getting a vote with their licenses needs to be looked into.

Watching BBC because we don’t have C4 here, and one of my favourite moments thus far was Steve Baker, participating in the opening panel as the exit polls were presented, having to watch the analyst, in front of a giant screen showing the chance of winning for various candidates, being shown (and told directly), live on air, that BBC gives him <1% of holding on to his seat.
I smiled at that as well. :-)

The far right hasn't risen. All that has happened is 3-5 million people have voted for Reform instead of Tory.

We unfortunately have an extremely divided country.
They’ve got a foothold and can influence the Tories. The world is a rough place at the moment and the right always rises when people are skint and desperate. Trump is coming too. It’s already happened there. I’m worried this is the thin end of the wedge.

Watching BBC because we don’t have C4 here, and one of my favourite moments thus far was Steve Baker, participating in the opening panel as the exit polls were presented, having to watch the analyst, in front of a giant screen showing the chance of winning for various candidates, being shown (and told directly), live on air, that BBC gives him <1% of holding on to his seat.

That was a great piece of direction, even if he's only gone in because he knew he was losing. Wasn't his majority a few hundred at most?

Finchley predicted to go LibDem, what an odd world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.