General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
How the hell are Reform getting so many votes?!!? What is going on with people. Not exactly a good look when we as a country actually need to ramp up immigration, not deter people from coming here!!!

It's the Farage persona of blokeism. Spouts lots that sounds good but is built on sand.

The question will be whether Reform can find a new cause for the next election - UKIP wanted a Brexit vote, Brexit Party wanted to force the issue, Reform want to... um, drive the Conservatives some more. Next time - what do they have?

It's the Farage persona of blokeism. Spouts lots that sounds good but is built on sand.

The question will be whether Reform can find a new cause for the next election - UKIP wanted a Brexit vote, Brexit Party wanted to force the issue, Reform want to... um, drive the Conservatives some more. Next time - what do they have?
Suspect they'll combine with the Tories with Farage as the leader of the new Party and probably win, sadly.....

How the hell are Reform getting so many votes?!!? What is going on with people. Not exactly a good look when we as a country actually need to ramp up immigration, not deter people from coming here!!!

Social media is awash with pro Reform/anti migrant rhetoric- can’t underestimate the power of social media.

Disgruntled Tory voters that would never vote Labour.

Thick people.

Racist people.

Nigel Farage pointing at boats.

Nigel Farage being a very good orator and having a personality.

PR.

Yup, Reform just taking Tory voters. I might be being naive but I’m not overly worried with the reform votes as it looks fairly protesty from the Tories.
I understand that perspective, but I think we underestimate the Reform vote (and movement) at our peril.

History has shown not taking far-right movements seriously during a time of political upheaval and economic strife tends to not go well.

I am surprised that the turnout is so low. I guess alot of people have just assumed that the election result was a foregone conclusion and didn't bother.

Why do we need to ramp it up?
We have an ageing population who probably want to keep receiving things like pensions and healthcare. Somebody has to pay for that.

Immigration has a significant net positive impact to the economy, boosting GDP and boosting the tax coffers of the government as these workers pay PAYE. So we absolutely need them, particularly given the acute skills shortages we have in certain areas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.