General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
I am staggered - I live in the N.E. of England and the two results so far are from the N.E. where Reform has done well - if you Google those seats there are zero small boats landing near them and they have tiny numbers of the population who were born outside of the UK. I live in an area populated by thick racists who cannot believe their own eyes?
Deprived areas.

Feeling lost and unsupported by the current parties.

See reform as a disrupter to show their anger at feeling abandoned by Labour.

Why do we need to ramp it up?

2050_United_Kingdom_population_pyramid.png

Immigration. It will obviously become the issue of the next decade.
It's been the issue for several years. People pin our woes on it. If life gets better, they may ease off.

Still I would say some of the electorate now has it as the core of their political identity.

People do need to chill out a bit. TBH most of these people need cheering up and bringing back into the light, rather than being given a rash and disputable label by us randoms on the net who seem to ignore that we've always known part of the population won't get off the stool if they can make this the issue.

The parties had effectively dealt them out of mainstream politics. Social Media and the turning of time means that is no longer the state of play. These people used to report as disilliusioned and ignored by the debate. They've got back in, now they have their back up. The media won't give them up - they are viewers, consumers. Just mentioning them gets "our" backs up, causes anxiety which keeps us lapping up any and all reports.

People who would wish them quietly shuffled out of the pack - who believe they are unable to stop wasting our time and preventing effective policy and government - perhaps we really need to get used to their presence and start to politely ignore them.

After all, how long can we go on saying this is a new thing?

Suspect they'll combine with the Tories with Farage as the leader of the new Party and probably win, sadly.....

I don't think that will happen. Whilst there are certainly those that would sway further right than conservative policies on some matters, the large majority wouldn't be willing to merge. Remember that the conservatives have already shifted fairly far to the right in order to try and stave off the threat from reform. They had to promise a referendum on Brexit under Cameron to keep their votes too.

It's more likely we see a more centre right Tory party to bring people back on board and help them destroy Reform and win those votes back.

I dont know anyone who went to prep school, or indeed what one is, but even my worst boss ever would compete for bullshit with him, and trust me thats saying a lot
Private School education is a tacit acceptance that the end product is a pupil with little or no understanding of what most kids term “reality”.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.