General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
But surely it’s not a fair representation of the public vote?

Well no it isn't, as reform just put candidates out all over the country with no real focus except the 4 they have. The lib dems campaigned heavily in the areas they could actually win like Cheadle and pick up 1000s of votes in them areas as a result.

I’m glad they didn’t get 13 seats, but for reform to get around 15% of the vote is quite worrying. Millions of people are now voting for them.

I know it’s our electoral system but the Lib Dem’s getting 50+ seats, but only being around 10% doesn’t seem right either

Millions are voting for them and they could grow a fair bit more.

Being realistic, a lot of the labour votes were just a vote against the tories because it was a shitshow. If Labour don't show clear improvement from the tories, then I wouldn't be too surprised to see another rise in support for Reform.

I know plenty of people who voted Reform, people who I'd never imagine would be voting for a party spearheaded by Farage. And we're not just talking "gammons" as some like to say, I know a pretty diverse mix of people that voted them.

I voted Labour personally, not with a great deal of confidence though, and i think that's the case for many.

Well no it isn't, as reform just put candidates out all over the country with no real focus except the 4 they have. The lib dems campaigned heavily in the areas they could actually win like Cheadle and pick up 1000s of votes in them areas as a result.
They played it smart, fair play to them.

Millions are voting for them and they could grow a fair bit more.

Being realistic, a lot of the reform votes were just a vote against the tories, but who wouldn’t vote labour, because it was a shitshow. If Labour don't show clear improvement from the tories, then I wouldn't be too surprised to see another rise in support for Reform.

I know plenty of people who voted Reform, people who I'd never imagine would be voting for a party spearheaded by Farage. And we're not just talking "gammons" as some like to say, I know a pretty diverse mix of people that voted them.

I voted Labour personally, not with a great deal of confidence though, and i think that's the case for many.
Edited that slightly for you.

She's not right wing mental enough for reform

Is it not more the case that she is too right-wing and deranged even for them? She wasn't always a Tory and possesses the zeal of the adult convert that often brands those who convert to another faith, causing them to become more puritanical and holier than thou than those who grew up with it.

(Like the Pixies reference in your handle, by the way.)

Liz Truss might be in trouble, oh that is glorious if true.

Fell asleep just after reading this and now just woken up to find that you were right. Not sure where you heard the rumour but that was an excellent call.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.