General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
Yeah same but I’m prepared to give them 12 months to see what they do. My guess is lots of additional stealth taxes to free up cash to drop into the NHS pit….without really solving any of the fundamental problems….genuinely interested to see what they do about infrastructure (energy, transport).
Flog them both to BlackRock to run.

, I just wish they would change the rules so anyone with an IQ less than a hundred couldn’t vote
Seems a very right wing policy that those who are seen as less intelligent should not be allowed to vote, not that IQ tests are very accurate. I'm sure the little Austrian bloke with a penchant for walking funny and a Charlie Chaplin moustache would approve.

For democracy to work it requires all people to have a voice, regardless of how unpleasant that might be for some people.

Does anyone truly believe things will be significantly different under Starmer? Genuine question, not trolling or looking for a fight.

I'm not talking about migrants to Rwanda or headline shit, I'm talking about day to day living, NHS queues, ability to get a dentist/doctors appointment, cost of living etc

Does anyone truly believe things will be significantly different under Starmer? Genuine question, not trolling or looking for a fight.

I'm not talking about migrants to Rwanda or headline shit, I'm talking about day to day living, NHS queues, ability to get a dentist/doctors appointment, cost of living etc
I dont think we will see a step change that some of the, as Pep likes to call them, "Happy Flowers People" on here seem to think will happen. Personally Im not judging them (unless they crash the economy) for 3yrs, that should be long enough to see any green shoots of policy decisions being enacted and by the time of the next election a tangible level of progress being made.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.