General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
Is that all the Lib Dem and Green voters?

I think not.

I'd imagine it's a significant amount of Lib Dems. Nearly half of Lib Dem voters said they supported another party, but voted tactically - by far the highest of any party.

Lots of left wing commentators and 'influencers' have been claiming for weeks that Labour would win, and therefore it's safe to vote Green/Independent, and still get Labour. The Green vote is squeezed by Labour at virtually every election, as clearly they're a lot closer than Greens and Tories. A lot of Green voters will be pleased that they've got a party who actually believe in tackling climate change, instead of banging on about the war on motorists.

From my own interactions with Reform voters during the election - there are even plenty of them who will be much happier with Labour than the Tories.

Until you get 100% turn out, the voting system will never be right. For all we know, the c40% who never voted on Thursday may well have voted Labour had they turned out
Exactly mate.

40% of the voting population couldn’t be arsed.

Then only 34% of the 60% who could be arsed voted Labour.

It’s pitiful that that’s seen as an acceptable system for giving a party power.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.