General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
Nightmare scenario.

Johnson is dangerous, very very fucking dangerous. If he is attempting the stuff he is now with a majority of 1 imagine what he would be like with a majority of 100, all of whom will be his acolytes after he has purged the Tories of the sensible ones. I am a pragmatist, I can live with sensible Tory, they are usually one nation old school traditionalists. Hard right Tories/UKIP fruitcakes are another matter altogether.
Exactly this. I fear his plan, all along, has been to call an election and make it a 'people v parliament' election. If he were to win that he would get to play out his fantasy no deal strategy to make the EU renegotiate (spoiler: they won't). He then does no-deal and blames the EU for any negative consequences. We will still be blaming the EU for the next 25 years!
To be fair to the leave politicians, they are better at it than the remainers and you get the feeling that they will do anything to win. Even remainers going along with calling it 'no-deal' is a mistake as it sounds quite passive and harmless. A 'Mauritania Brexit' would have been better....

Nightmare scenario.

Johnson is dangerous, very very fucking dangerous. If he is attempting the stuff he is now with a majority of 1 imagine what he would be like with a majority of 100, all of whom will be his acolytes after he has purged the Tories of the sensible ones. I am a pragmatist, I can live with sensible Tory, they are usually one nation old school traditionalists. Hard right Tories/UKIP fruitcakes are another matter altogether.
I keep asking this, but what are Boris' policies which you fear?

He's no hard liner right wing Tory. Boris' politics are moderate compared to the likes of that twat Mark Francois, for example.

Exactly this. I fear his plan, all along, has been to call an election and make it a 'people v parliament' election. If he were to win that he would get to play out his fantasy no deal strategy to make the EU renegotiate (spoiler: they won't). He then does no-deal and blames the EU for any negative consequences. We will still be blaming the EU for the next 25 years!
To be fair to the leave politicians, they are better at it than the remainers and you get the feeling that they will do anything to win. Even remainers going along with calling it 'no-deal' is a mistake as it sounds quite passive and harmless. A 'Mauritania Brexit' would have been better....

I agree with this but at the same time there's just been massive protests all over the country against the government and there are other issues like fracking and austerity that might just galvanize people. I am well up for a GE but at the same time I think it would be piss funny if Labour reject it and let Boris swallow on his own bile.

I keep asking this, but what are Boris' policies which you fear?

He's no hard liner right wing Tory. Boris' politics are moderate compared to the likes of that twat Mark Francois, for example.
Yes his current actions bear all the hallmarks of a moderate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.