General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
Erm, to win the election, stop Brexit, become the government?

If its the governments wish to have a GE then I would still say no, let them try and pass a vote for a GE and if it fails then call for a no confidence motion. If it cant even pass a vote for a GE then it deserves to be put to the sword and then the chance is there to form a government without an election. After all it is their legislation passed initially to stop this sort of thing happening, so show them the legislation was ill thought out nonsense in the first place. Play by the law, that to me makes sense, but then I am not leading a political party I am just an interested observer who is able to vote.

Like I said, if an election is called it will be about who has the most to lose, not the most to gain, in those circumstances I am still unsure of the best option going forward, of course I want rid of Johnson, but I also think that Brexit should happen, stopping it is anti-democratic but allowing Johnson to carry on as he is doing is also anti democratic. We really are living in extraordinary times and I fear a hard right elective dictatorship more than I want a Labour government who does not enable Brexit.

It really is a clusterfuck of epic proportions and I genuinely have no idea of where things are heading nor do I see any light at the end of he tunnel, we are in a huge hole, divided to fuck and civil unrest is probable. All the grown ups have left the building and we are governed by a selection of fruitcakes, weirdos, extremists and crackpots. That is the ideal cocktail to slide into fascism.

I am not sure it can be announced pal, the fixed term parliament act took that power away from a PM.

Stupid fucking act it was btw
I think you can get round the act, if there is a majority in the House??

If no deal is blocked by the Commons and the government is not minded to comply, then Johnson is effectively daring Parliament to support an election on his terms, to see if Corbyn has the balls to whip his MPs against.

The talk of no confidence votes and interim governments has faded for the time being, it's all about preventing no deal for the Commons, but if the government is willing to ignore Parliament, then Johnson is effectively taunting them to come out and fight right now. If he succeeds it'll be the dirtiest election we've ever seen, the fat fool will pitch himself to the British public as their champion, standing for them, against the traitorous Commons.
He may be a fat fool, but the commons can't be confident of winning that battle. See their behaviour over the last three years.

He needs 2/3rds to vote for it under the fixed parliament act - funny as fuck if he behaves as he has then can't get his GE through parliament !! Talk about a lame duck lol - couldn't even get himself sacked ha ha ha
Thanks

And they won't wherever the Tory candidate is on side. The remainder/anti-no deal Tories will lose the whip and therefore cannot stand. New onside candidates will be selected. Brexit Party will fight leave labour seats and will pick up a few. Con/brexit will have the numbers in the end.

A forced GE was always Bojos trump card because the people vs parliament is a delicious line to run on given how shabby the current crop of MPs on both sides are.

1653 all over again.
Christ, you have one civil war and then another one comes along just 350 years later.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.