General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
I'll use my postal vote to vote for Corbyn, on the off chance he grows a pair.

Yes his current actions bear all the hallmarks of a moderate.
They bear all the hallmarks of someone hell bent on delivering what the electorate voted for. I can imagine theirs a good 17m people who think "about time somone did".

I'm still waiting to hear what his neo-Hitler policies are going to be however. He's never shown any far-right tendencies in all his years as a politician.

There's a Commons majority to block no deal, if that is passed, Johnson can scream and shout for an election all he likes, but the shaky no to no deal alliance in the Commons can shout back "extension of article 50 first!" and with some justification.

The rebel Tory MPs know that if they block no deal they're dead under a Johnson Tory Party, they're not going to give the fat fool what he wants when he wants it and sign their own political death warrant, suddenly an interim government looks back in fashion.

Remember, this is also a battle for the soul of the Tory Party.

I fuckin love common sense ......
I'd love it more if it came from someone who would actually be impacted by such changes ;-)

It's very, very easy to advocate (for example) increased spending on the NHS, if you are not the one who will be paying for it. Come to think of it, Labour supporters have for years been advocating increased spending paid for by "other people" for years, so I don't supposed I should be surprised.

There's a Commons majority to block no deal, if that is passed, Johnson can scream and shout for an election all he likes, but the shaky no to no deal alliance in the Commons can shout back "extension of article 50 first!" and with some justification.

The rebel Tory MPs know that if they block no deal they're dead under a Johnson Tory Party, they're not going to give the fat fool what he wants when he wants it and sign their own political death warrant, suddenly an interim government looks back in fashion.

The fly in that ointment is who would lead it? I maintain that Corbyn is just too unpopular to ever command a majority in such circumstances. He's the devil incarnate as far as most (all?) Tories are concerned. But Labour could hardly suggest someone like Kier Starmer, since proposing him (or any other Labour MP actually) would effectively mean the end of Jeremy Corbyn. It would be an admission that you had the wrong man at the helm, someone who could not and should not be leading the Labour party. I just cannot see any way in which Labour rally round someone other than Jeremy Corbyn, and I cannot see him ever getting the cross-party support.

And on the Tories' side, who could do it? Ken Clarke? Really? Can you see a load of Labour MPs backing Ken Clarke? I dunno, I just can't see it myself.

But who knows? I love the quote "Anyone who tells you they know what's going on, hasn't been paying attention."

Remember, this is also a battle for the soul of the Tory Party.

I didn’t know they had one

For what it’s worth...

‘ConsEurope have done a 10,000 MRP poll of Great Britain. It says a snap election would produce...another hung parliament!

Con: 311 (-6)
Labour: 242 (-20)
Lib Dems: 21 (+9)
SNP: 52 (+17)
Plaid: 4 (-)
Green: 1 (-)
Others: 1’

Johnson is going to make a statement outside No 10 at 6pm.

There are only between 12-16 Tories who'll vote down no deal, it's too tight to call, Johnson will try to entice a few back tonight, he might succeed, either way he'll crack off a few opening shots in a general election campaign.

If I were a gambling man I'd put my money on leaving 31st October with no deal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.