General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
I agree with this but at the same time there's just been massive protests all over the country against the government and there are other issues like fracking and austerity that might just galvanize people. I am well up for a GE but at the same time I think it would be piss funny if Labour reject it and let Boris swallow on his own bile.

It would be interesting if Labour rejected any GE calls as Johnson might have a minority govt if he kicks out the no to no-deal tories this week. Gut feeling is Corbyn wouldn't be able to resist tho.

It would be interesting if Labour rejected any GE calls as Johnson might have a minority govt if he kicks out the no to no-deal tories this week. Gut feeling is Corbyn wouldn't be able to resist tho.

I'm pretty certain Corbyn will say yes to a GE, he's been banging on about having one for long enough.

Its what's Blair wants. He could be sitting the trap for Corbyn?

Personally any labour MP's who vote against it should be deselected as they would rather facilitate a man baby fascist over a labour government lead by Corbyn.

Its what's Blair wants. He could be sitting the trap for Corbyn?

Personally any labour MP's who vote against it should be deselected as they would rather facilitate a man baby fascist over a labour government lead by Corbyn.

I guess from an avoiding no-deal Brexit perspective, resisting a GE would be a positive. Although the commons would be deadlocked over everything else. so maybe not all that good.

I'm personally in favour of another vote on whatever deal is negotiated, but don't think its a GE winner, and worry about Johnson strengthening his hand.

Reactions: mat
I guess from an avoiding no-deal Brexit perspective, resisting a GE would be a positive. Although the commons would be deadlocked over everything else. so maybe not all that good.

I'm personally in favour of another vote on whatever deal is negotiated, but don't think its a GE winner, and worry about Johnson strengthening his hand.
Agree with you there.

A GE will be a shit show. Non stop Tory/Farage in the media calling everyone against a no deal unpatrotic Nazis who craved being ruled by Germany. Swinson happily tagging along with doing vote a Marxist in. Hung parliament. Swinson gets deputy leader and the shitshow continues.

The smart move from Labour would be to agree to one after 31st October. Force BoJo to get the extension or do something incredibly stupid. It would be high risk in that you don't know how low BoJo would go to get brexit over the line but an election before plays into his hands.

Reactions: mat
The smart move from Labour would be to agree to one after 31st October. Force BoJo to get the extension or do something incredibly stupid. It would be high risk in that you don't know how low BoJo would go to get brexit over the line but an election before plays into his hands.
Bojo will say nono to an extension and use it as a stick in a GE. It's just more evidence of Labour no willing to leave the EU in election terms. "I've tried everything to leave but labour won't agree to the deal that was on offer, won't agree to leave with no deal and won't even agree to a GE without an extension". People queuing up to vote.

I'm pretty certain Corbyn will say yes to a GE, he's been banging on about having one for long enough.

I completely agree with you. But I think Corbyn’s confidence and the Tory Party’s fear of Corbyn is misplaced - If one is called in the near future, I can see us being in a similar position to now.

The Lib Dem’s won’t to Remain so will pick up some seats. The Brexit Party will bang on about ‘no-deal’/‘clean Brexit’ and will pick up seats thanks to the hard of thinking. Labour will probably lose all of their seats in Scotland(if they have any currently) and round and round we will go

Johnson is going to treat a no deal victory for the Commons as a vote of no confidence in the government and call Parliament's bluff by requesting the two thirds majority for a general election.

It looks like a smart move.

But.

This has to have been anticipated, so my guess would be that the no deal motion will have a clause in it stating the government must request and secure an article 50 extension before requesting a general election, if that is passed then Johnson can request a general election all he likes, but Parliament won't give it to him because he's not done as they instructed on article 50. Johnson will refuse to extend article 50 and so the Commons will have had its hand "forced" and will bring down the government with a no confidence vote and it's hello interim government.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.