General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters

Quite simply it can be seen that with meetings today etc the combined efforts of the opposition parties is to humiliate Johnson ( though so far Cummings efforts to do the same have been very effective ) - his do or die and die in a ditch and its 31st Oct I guarantee pledges will all come back to haunt him. He will be forced to ask for an A50 extension and it will be granted by the 27 because it will be needed to have a GE, get an outcome and hopefully get through the impasse.

The plan will be to have the guy on toast - he has destroyed his own slender majority, got his allies in the DUP under direct threat from Sinn Fein, emboldened the SNP, many many MP's are not standing at the next GE so the BP will be looking at those vacant seats for a chance to make gains, he has lost important people like Ruth Davidson putting seats in Scotland in jeopardy, he has lost support from members of his own family even so when the GE comes all this will be aimed at him plus his constant lying from the one years ago that got him sacked, lying to his ex-wife to lies to the nation over prorogation and not wanting a GE.

I pointed to most of this before he became PM - he is the best thing to happen to the Tories if you are a non-Tory. Any campaign will be taken out of his hands ( like his premiership has been ) as it will be a constant battle to defend himself personally rather than any major policy issues. I have no idea how a GE will work out but with the BP snatching seats off them and his bungling dismissal of Tory stalwarts - no forgetting his own small majority under threat - I am in no doubt Johnson will not be leading his party to a GE victory any time soon.

While we've been posting the BBC has reported....

Labour and other UK opposition parties agree not to back PM’s demand for general election before October EU summit

So it's not happening, even in "normal" times Labour wouldn't agree to a one week campaign.

I repeat, anyone who sees this impasse as Labour's fault wants to see it that way.

As I’ve mentioned, It makes sense not to agree to an election unless the government agree in law to hold the election on the 15th Oct. I think given Boris is in a hole, he may actually put this bill forward.

Quite simply it can be seen that with meetings today etc the combined efforts of the opposition parties is to humiliate Johnson ( though so far Cummings efforts to do the same have been very effective ) - his do or die and die in a ditch and its 31st Oct I guarantee pledges will all come back to haunt him. He will be forced to ask for an A50 extension and it will be granted by the 27 because it will be needed to have a GE, get an outcome and hopefully get through the impasse.

The plan will be to have the guy on toast - he has destroyed his own slender majority, got his allies in the DUP under direct threat from Sinn Fein, emboldened the SNP, many many MP's are not standing at the next GE so the BP will be looking at those vacant seats for a chance to make gains, he has lost important people like Ruth Davidson putting seats in Scotland in jeopardy, he has lost support from members of his own family even so when the GE comes all this will be aimed at him plus his constant lying from the one years ago that got him sacked, lying to his ex-wife to lies to the nation over prorogation and not wanting a GE.

I pointed to most of this before he became PM - he is the best thing to happen to the Tories if you are a non-Tory. Any campaign will be taken out of his hands ( like his premiership has been ) as it will be a constant battle to defend himself personally rather than any major policy issues. I have no idea how a GE will work out but with the BP snatching seats off them and his bungling dismissal of Tory stalwarts - no forgetting his own small majority under threat - I am in no doubt Johnson will not be leading his party to a GE victory any time soon.

I agree with this.

As I'm sure you've noticed, I'm not a man without opinions, but I'm genuinely flummoxed as to what Johnson does next.

If he " would rather die in a ditch than delay Brexit!" And yet he's mandated by Parliament to do just that, then the only conclusion one can come to is that "politically" he'll have to die in a ditch. And with all the mood music coming out of the opposition parties being a November election at the earliest, once the Prime Minister has secured an extension to Article 50, something he's said he'd die in a ditch rather than do, then his only option would be to resign.

Rumours Johnson may resign already
He's clearly not capable of the job, that Trump-style photo shoot yesterday probably lost a huge proportion of the Labour leave voters and a fair chunk of the Conservatives too.

The battle has been lost and IF he was a leader, like 'WWII' Churchill, he would retreat and regroup. Unfortunately (or fortunately if one prefers) it looks like he's only read up to the chapter on Gallipoli.

As I’ve mentioned, It makes sense not to agree to an election unless the government agree in law to hold the election on the 15th Oct. I think given Boris is in a hole, he may actually put this bill forward.

Can you do that? Even if you could the opposition parties wouldn't agree, in fact they've already signalled they won't go for it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.