General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
Even Johnson isn't stupid enough to play that card it has royal assent. It would like going over Buckingham Palace to accept a gonk getting pissed and urinating in the plant plot laughing whilst everyone watched.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but what other card does he have?

This is interesting....

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...monday-night-for-early-election-live-newsbior

An ICM poll suggests that support for the Brexit party would double from 9 per cent to 18 per cent if an election takes place after Halloween.

The poll, commissioned by Represent Us — which is pushing for a second Brexit referendum — found the Conservatives’ lead over Labour would evaporate in those circumstances.

The ICM poll suggests the Tories would beat Labour by 37 per cent against 30 per cent in an October election, while the two parties would be neck and neck on 28 per cent in a November poll.
Whilst it's almost certainly true that Johnson's appeal to Brexit voters may be highest before October 31st, I think it's folly to imagine they will all blame HIM for not delivering by October 31st, don't you.

I think anyone with a brain will be able to tell why he was unable to deliver, if indeed that should come to pass. And think about it - what is going to happen if it goes to November? Johnson will be forced to buddy up with Farage in order to secure the Brexit Party votes.

you are missing the point that Johnson could move the date of the election once set...and none of the opposition ranged against him trust him not to.....
There will be an election but only after no deal Brexit is off the table and put to bed. November would be my guess.
Even i understand that

Or do you think we will have a minority Govt for years to come ?

Given Johnsons predilection for power, it would not surprise me if the arrogant narcissistic lying **** hung on until his name was etched on the Eton honours board.

It is after all, all about him.

No, I am not missing that point.

It is perfectly possible to set the election date in law such that it cannot be changed. The Labour excuse is just an excuse.

Then the government should put forward a bill to do just that. It’s in their power. Then labour and the opposition really don’t have an excuse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.