General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters

The cabinet is working on it....

Dogs-Playing-Card-Funny-Wtf-Image-For-Whatsapp.jpg

you are missing the point that Johnson could move the date of the election once set...and none of the opposition ranged against him trust him not to.....
There will be an election but only after no deal Brexit is off the table and put to bed. November would be my guess.

Has to be after the 31st October tho ..... so Johnson can die in a ditch first

Not since the Fixed Term Act ....

Just wading in here - you could put in a bill that says, nothwithstanding the fixed term act the House wants an election on this date. If it goes through and becomes law then you get the election on that date. Simples.

The standard workings apply - you need control of the order paper so generally the government would start it and they would have to fight of any attepmts to amend it and it would have to get voted through the HoC and the HoL.

I guess it is for BoJo to sit down with the oposition and agree the date. And this is where it would fall down as teh oposition have a vote of NC in there back pocket so they dont need to agree anything with BoJo. He has lost control - it is a consequence of the hands he has played, why would the oposition not make him suffer a bit. Let him flounder through conference season with the House porogued.

if it isn't called in November, I will be the first to apologise and say you were correct.
I think we are at cross purposes mate.

Where have I said it won't be in November?

What I am saying is that it could be set for October and a law passed to fix that October date, so that Johnson cannot move it. Which is what Labour are claiming they are concerned about. They are claiming their refusal to agree to an October election is because they are worried Johnson could move it and then we drop out of Europe on October 31st because Parliament is suspended in the run up to the election.

This is a complete lie. (a) we're blocked from leaving without a deal and (b) we could have a law to fix the October 15th date.

The ONLY reason Labour won't agree is political expediency and fear of losing. They reckon they have a better chance of winning in November, that's all there is to it. And FWIW, they may be right. Cowards and opportunistic chancers can be right sometimes.

Just wading in here - you could put in a bill that says, nothwithstanding the fixed term act the House wants an election on this date. If it goes through and becomes law then you get the election on that date. Simples.

Correct!

What I am saying is that it could be set for October and a law passed to fix that October date, so that Johnson cannot move it. Which is what Labour are claiming they are concerned about. They are claiming their refusal to agree to an October election is because they are worried Johnson could move it and then we drop out of Europe on October 31st because Parliament is suspended in the run up to the election.

This is a complete lie. (a) we're blocked from leaving without a deal and (b) we could have a law to fix the October 15th date.

The ONLY reason Labour won't agree is political expediency and fear of losing. They reckon they have a better chance of winning in November, that's all there is to it. And FWIW, they may be right. Cowards can be right sometimes.

What would you do ?

Pick the best time to lose the election & help Boris Johnson ?

Fuck that. They've got the horrible lying **** by the bollocks. Squeeze them, then knock him over & kick him in them, as many times as possible.

The ONLY reason Labour won't agree is political expediency and fear of losing. They reckon they have a better chance of winning in November, that's all there is to it. And FWIW, they may be right. Cowards can be right sometimes.

I don’t believe that’s correct. Only the government can put a bill forward to set the election date in law . So why don’t they?

The ONLY reason Labour won't agree is political expediency and fear of losing. They reckon they have a better chance of winning in November, that's all there is to it. And FWIW, they may be right. Cowards and opportunistic chancers can be right sometimes.
I don't think it's cowardice to maximise your chances of winning. Johnson dug this hole for himself giving it the big 'I am'. Let him go and ask for an extension, or quit, the lying fucker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.