General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
I don’t believe that’s correct. Only the government can put a bill forward to set the election date in law . So why don’t they?

Johnson has F*cked himself. He has a majority of -41. It is also notable that as PM he has never won a meaningful vote, any vote i think. It is highly likley he will never win anything other than procedural votes unless he wins an election. What a record that would be.

His choice to porogue parliamnet - let him stew in it. Why woukd the majority oposition let him win anything. I think he has to resign now, the more i think about it the more i see this as his best move. Jerermy Hunt anyone?

I don't think it's cowardice to maximise your chances of winning. Johnson dug this hole for himself giving it the big 'I am'. Let him go and ask for an extension, or quit, the lying fucker.
If there's one common theme which unites both Brexit and Remain supporter alike - and I can think of no other common theme - it is that both sides are sick to the back teeth of this and want it settled one way or another.

Boris is offering the chance to vote to do just that and your lot are denying people that vote. Take the one thing that really pisses people off more than anything else, and do more of it.

Good luck with that as a strategy to win the next GE.

Johnson has F*cked himself. He has a majority of -41. It is also notable that as PM he has never won a meaningful vote, any vote i think. It is highly likley he will never win anything other than procedural votes unless he wins an election. What a record that would be.

His choice to porogue parliamnet - let him stew in it. Why woukd the majority oposition let him win anything. I think he has to resign now, the more i think about it the more i see this as his best move. Jerermy Hunt anyone?

He certainly is.

If there's one common theme which unites both Brexit and Remain supporter alike - and I can think of no other common theme - it is that both sides are sick to the back teeth of this and want it settled one way or another.

Boris is offering the chance to vote to do just that and your lot are denying people that vote. Take the one thing that really pisses people off more than anything else, and do more of it.

What is worse? Boris and the shit show he is serving up? Or Corbyn being called a chicken?

The answer is BoJo and the shit storm, there will be an election in the next 2 months and Corbyn delay will be soon forgotten- right now Boris has to be made to suffer.

Come on Chippy your better than that Labour don't want an election before 31st October

1. Johnson is a liar and they don't trust him not to try it on so we can crash out
2. Because after the 31st Ocober Boris is toast
I don't accept either of those Mike.

1. As I keep saying, the lack of trust issue is a sham. It could be fixed in law. Corbyn's a leaver anyway and probably wants us to crash out. He's denying the October vote because he thinks (2) above is correct.

2. Boris might have been toast had he not done his utmost to deliver, only to be thwarted by an opposition being seen to be cowardly and obstructive. Even if that is not true, it's how it will be perceived. Boris's standing may actually go up as a result of all of this. You want a November election? Be careful what you wish for.

You recon most people are particularly desperate to have a General Election in October, rather than for example November ?

I can't say I've met anybody who is that keen.

The more the public see of Boris Johnson as PM, the more will grow to either laugh & ridicule or hate him or both.

You surely can't be serious that any opposition party should seek to let him off the hook early ?

What is worse? Boris and the shit show he is serving up? Or Corbyn being called a chicken?

Your analysis seems to assume that Corbyn's opportunistic two-facedness has done, and will continue to do him, no harm. Polls would suggest otherwise. I can only imagine how the majority of the electorate who all just want this done, will regard Corbyn standing in their way. Not favourably, I would think.

600px-Approval_rating_for_Labour_leader%2C_Jeremy_Corbyn.png

So we will see what happens to the Tory - Labour lead in the polls over the coming weeks.

And I am still not sure we won't be having an October election, by the way. I think it's unlikely from here but I don't rule it out.

I’m sick of it but not sick of it enough to force through a no deal Brexit by suspending parliament.

I’d rather be patient and not fuck the country and allow that mob to deregulate everything to exploit us all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.