General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
A half decent Labour Party would be doing exactly what you say, it is this nation's tragic misfortune that it is now led by a group of 70's throwbacks.
It's like both parties are doing their utmost to hand victory to their opponents.

If Labour *truly* wanted to ensure they could enjoy heckling from the opposition benches rather than gaining power themselves, they literally could no no better than have the party led by that scruffy old twat, McDonnell and Abbott. What could they possibly do that would guarantee failure better than that? It's utter genius if staying out of power is your aim. Throw in scrapping of all private schools? Well yes they could start talking about that if they got worried they might win.

Not to be outdone however, the Tory Party has managed to split itself in half, with half effectively standing for the Brexit Party and the other half agsinst. So as to perfectly minimise its votes and their effectiveness. If they wanted to hand power to Labour, they could not have managed it better.

So who will prevail? Which side can be the more inept, the shitter of the two? Game on.

Are you going to admit that you weren’t correct to say the top line of the FT graphic aren’t all leaders in the CP?
but I didn't say 'all' ? Look again. "All the ones shown (except the now reviled Watson) are committed Marxists and the key ones on the top row were leaders of the Communist Party of Great Britain for decades immediately before being installed in the Labour Party leadership group in 2017."

but I didn't say all I said key ? Look again. "All the ones shown (except the now reviled Watson) are committed Marxists and the key ones on the top row were leaders of the Communist Party of Great Britain for decades immediately before being installed in the Labour Party leadership group in 2017."

Yes. The ones on the top row weren’t though were they? Apart from Murray none of them were/are.

It was a disingenuous claim, are you man enough to admit it?

Yes. The ones on the top row weren’t though were they? Apart from Murray none of them were/are.
It was a disingenuous claim, are you man enough to admit it?
That's a completely different point as you know, just check out the links on the original FT chart:
https://ig.ft.com/jeremy-corbyn-labour-inner-circles/ you may need to put the title into Google to avoid the paywall. Both Murray & Milne have close CP links although the latter claims he was never a member. You must remember that being a card carrying CP member has always had serious implications for careers, travel and surveillance among other things. Many supporters chose not to join for that reason (including my younger self.)

That's a completely different point as you know, just check out the links on the original FT chart:
https://ig.ft.com/jeremy-corbyn-labour-inner-circles/ you may need to put the title into Google to avoid the paywall. Both Murray & Milne have close CP links although the latter claims he was never a member. You must remember that being a card carrying CP member has always had serious implications for careers, travel and surveillance among other things. Many supporters chose not to join for that reason (including my younger self.)

Were those on the top of the graphic from the FT leaders in the Communist Party, yes or no?

Okay, you’re continuing, which ones? Name them.
I already have, Murray and Milne - I think you know that.
Seumas Milne
CORE INFLUENCER
Mr Milne, head of communications and strategy, is a former Guardian columnist who holds huge sway within the leader’s office. He is the son of a former BBC director-general who was forced to resign in the 1980s. The 61-year-old is a former member of Straight Left and has been involved in the Stop the War Coalition. In the past he has defended communism, saying that “for all its brutalities and failures” it had provided mass education, job security and huge advances in social and gender equality. He has also been a critic of the EU, describing it as a “corporate-controlled” bloc driven by business interests.
Andrew Murray
CORE INFLUENCER
Mr Murray is chief of staff at Unite the Union but is also a part-time and highly influential adviser to Jeremy Corbyn. The 61-year-old aristocrat (his maternal grandfather was the second Baron Rankeillour) is the former chair of the Stop the War Coalition, which gained prominence during the Iraq invasion of 2003. The fluent Russian speaker has courted controversy in the past, for example by expressing “solidarity” with North Korea. He has been friends with Seumas Milne since they both belonged to Stalinist faction Straight Left, which backed the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan in 1979.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.