General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
I already have, Murray and Milne - I think you know that.
Seumas Milne
CORE INFLUENCER
Mr Milne, head of communications and strategy, is a former Guardian columnist who holds huge sway within the leader’s office. He is the son of a former BBC director-general who was forced to resign in the 1980s. The 61-year-old is a former member of Straight Left and has been involved in the Stop the War Coalition. In the past he has defended communism, saying that “for all its brutalities and failures” it had provided mass education, job security and huge advances in social and gender equality. He has also been a critic of the EU, describing it as a “corporate-controlled” bloc driven by business interests.
Andrew Murray
CORE INFLUENCER
Mr Murray is chief of staff at Unite the Union but is also a part-time and highly influential adviser to Jeremy Corbyn. The 61-year-old aristocrat (his maternal grandfather was the second Baron Rankeillour) is the former chair of the Stop the War Coalition, which gained prominence during the Iraq invasion of 2003. The fluent Russian speaker has courted controversy in the past, for example by expressing “solidarity” with North Korea. He has been friends with Seumas Milne since they both belonged to Stalinist faction Straight Left, which backed the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan in 1979.

Not a single word in there states they were a leader in the Communist Party, not a single one.

Just be a big boy and admit you’ve fabricated the link.

Not saying it will, but this issue has got the capacity to tear this country apart. People can dismiss that as fanciful, but it's perfectly plausible.

Since the referendum, our relationship with Eurpoe has become the issue of our time, and will remain so for the foreseeable.

People's positions are becoming increasingly entrenched, which is worrying.

There's an ugly feel to the country at the moment.

Not saying it will, but this issue has got the capacity to tear this country apart. People can dismiss that as fanciful, but it's perfectly plausible.

Since the referendum, our relationship with Eurpoe has become the issue of our time, and will remain so for the foreseeable. Peoples positions are becoming increasingly entrenched, which is worrying.
I agree. I think the UK will be balkanised within 5 years. Hope I’m wrong because I used to be proud of my country and would like it to regain its credibility and standing in the world as a union of four nations.

Not saying it will, but this issue has got the capacity to tear this country apart. People can dismiss that as fanciful, but it's perfectly plausible. Since the referendum, our relationship with Eurpoe has become the issue of our time, and will remain so for the foreseeable.
People's positions are becoming increasingly entrenched, which is worrying. There's an ugly feel to the country at the moment.
The boils need to lanced, the electorate will do that hopefully.

I agree. I think the UK will be balkanised within 5 years. Hope I’m wrong because I used to be proud of my country and would like it to regain its credibility and standing in the world as a union of four nations.
The break up of the Union is now utterly inevitable. The only question is whether Wales will join them. It voted to leave, so probably not tbf.

Brexit has unleashed forces that cannot be contained.

The break up of the Union is now utterly inevitable. The only question is whether Wales will join them. It voted to leave, so probably not tbf. Brexit has unleashed forces that cannot be contained.
I think it's far too early to predict that, many a slip etc. My own view is that Brexit has been killed and with it the pretext for another Scottish referendum togerher with Sinn Fein's hopes to exploit the turmoil for another poll. Wales will never separate, too many English live there.

I think it's far too early to predict that, many a slip etc. My own view is that Brexit has been killed and with it the pretext for another Scottish referendum togerher with Sinn Fein's hopes to exploit the turmoil for another poll. Wales will never separate, too many English live there.
Brexit being killed will do just as much harm to the cause of national healing as no deal.

Both are, therefore, hugely unsatisfactory outcomes

The boils need to lanced, the electorate will do that hopefully.

Yeah - they will vote to effectively break up the union - you could see fucking Yorkshire and Cornwall separatists looking for what Wales and Scotland have now meanwhile Scotland will be gone as will possibly Wales before too long - the ERG led hard Brexit faction hands it to them on a plate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.