General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
What kind of alliance ? No way would any seat not be contested by a conservative candidate, so what do the Brexit party do ? And that's making the assumption 43% would vote on the single issue. Most leave voters I know are either annoyed but voting how they always do, or saying they won't vote there's no point. Granted I'm in Scotland where the BP don't seem to even enter into the conversation.
In normal times I would agree that the tories would always field a candidate. But these aren’t normal times. It seems that anything goes. It could be that in some northern leave seats where the tories never come close to winning they might not field a candidate, or simply not run any sort of campaign. The tories certainly couldn’t win if the Brexit party picked up 10%+ of the vote. But if Johnson could reduce that by half he might have a chance.

Apparently Cummings is claiming that the more that Johnson gets battered in the Commons, the more the leavers in his focus groups become determined to vote Tory. But then he would say that.

In normal times I would agree that the tories would always field a candidate. But these aren’t normal times. It seems that anything goes. It could be that in some northern leave seats where the tories never come close to winning they might not field a candidate, or simply not run any sort of campaign. The tories certainly couldn’t win if the Brexit party picked up 10%+ of the vote. But if Johnson could reduce that by half he might have a chance.

Apparently Cummings is claiming that the more that Johnson gets battered in the Commons, the more the leavers in his focus groups become determined to vote Tory. But then he would say that.
As you say not normal so predicting anything with confidence would be foolish. However I’d be very surprised if the Conservative party ordered any constituency not to field a candidate and if any constituency would follow any such order.

Has Liz really got to give a Queen's speech on October 14 which sets out a legislative programme for a Government with a majority of minus 42, when everyone knows there will be a general election the following month?
At best it could be a little bit embarrassing for Lillibet, at worse somewhat compromising as it will be seen as the monarch reading out the Tory manifesto for the next election.
'ckin hell Jeff.

Of course they wouldn't mate, of course. They only have the country's best interests at heart. The lovely nice caring Labour people and those horrible nasty Tories. Nasty, nasty Tories. Lovely kind lovely Labour. Ooooo how we can't wait to take that money of those nasty rich people and give it to the needy downtrodden oh so deserving types. What after all those years of repression and all.
Nurse!

Result. Thank-you. So you can stop this nonsense about pretending he's a Remainer.

As to why he's now supporting a Remain position? Well if he had any principles, obviously he woudn't be, would he. It's bloody cynical opportunism again. "How can I inflict as much damage on Boris as possible, irrespective of my own political views".

That he is an unprincipled twat is in itself not so annoying. What is, is the ludicrous notion that he's a man of principle, standing up for what he believes in. Like he did in the last GE, confirming his opposition

He is supporting a remain position because the Labour party is a democratic party and the leader does not get to chose what policy is. It is not like the Tory party.

If the Labour party members support a policy, there is nothing a Labour leader can do but to adhere to the memberships wishes.

He can stand up for principle of course, but he was the overwhelming choice as leader of the party and therefore is at the behest of the party.

Vote Jezza, for a better Britain

He is supporting a remain position because the Labour party is a democratic party and the leader does not get to chose what policy is. It is not like the Tory party.

If the Labour party members support a policy, there is nothing a Labour leader can do but to adhere to the memberships wishes.

He can stand up for principle of course, but he was the overwhelming choice as leader of the party and therefore is at the behest of the party.

Vote Jezza, for a better Britain
You'd vote for Osama Bin Laden if he was Labour leader.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.