General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
The EU will NOT extend article 50 to renegotiate the deal therefore Labours option to renegotiate a deal to even vote against is a total lie.

The total stupidity of it is that the only way the EU will consider extension is on the basis of change, IE a democratic election...... Labour tonight will whip to vote against that election!

The way forwards is to restore democracy and that means you don't take no deal off the table, you let the people decide for themselves based upon party policy.

If Labour goes forward to take no deal away and potentially pigeonhole the electorate into a choice of May's deal vs remain to get a shot at power... My god they are in for a kicking.

I don't like what Boris is doing but he is doing the right thing putting it back to the people. These morons who have been calling for an election for the last 3 years are the ones standing in the way of democracy.

Why not a referendum if it needs to go back to the people?

The $64,000 question is WTF will Labour do if/when Boris comes back with a deal?

Vote for it, as they clearly should be doing, or go for opportunism/political expediency/self-interest at the expense of the country and what's best for the country?

Scrub that, it's a 64p question to which we ALL know the answer.

What makes you really think he is going to get a deal?

So far he has done *ck all and hence why we have Amber Rudd not only throwing the towel in and quitting the tories altogether.

There is more chance or the rags winning the league this season than Boris bringing something back and getting it through parliament.

The EU will NOT extend article 50 to renegotiate the deal therefore Labours option to renegotiate a deal to even vote against is a total lie.

The total stupidity of it is that the only way the EU will consider extension is on the basis of change, IE a democratic election...... Labour tonight will whip to vote against that election!

The way forwards is to restore democracy and that means you don't take no deal off the table, you let the people decide for themselves based upon party policy.

If Labour goes forward to take no deal away and potentially pigeonhole the electorate into a choice of May's deal vs remain to get a shot at power... My god they are in for a kicking.

I don't like what Boris is doing but he is doing the right thing putting it back to the people. These morons who have been calling for an election for the last 3 years are the ones standing in the way of democracy.

You’re wrong. They will extend it for a General Election which is what Labour will need to be in a position to talk with the EU.

Labour aren’t negotiating the backstop, they want a Customs Union anyway.

Even as a Remainer, I have to say you are absolutely right.

You cannot deny the public a vote on something as important as this (having had a referendum in the first place) on the basis that you may not like the outcome. Also, legally eliminating the possibility of a no-deal Brexit, is as undemocratic and immoral as it is futile, since the legislation can be repealed by the next government anyway.

It's basically simply a law which says "We cannot leave without a deal, until after October 31st". i.e. "This has nothing to do with deal or no deal, we just want to damage our PM as much as possible".

Why not a referendum if it needs to go back to the people?

We have spent three years deciding how to leave, not whether to.

The current Tory and Labour mandate is to deliver Brexit although one side is reneging on that mandate.

If either party cannot deliver Brexit then the only conceivable option is a general election to find a further mandate on the circumstances we are in.

Cast yourself back to 2015 and which event gave us the first referendum? Yep, a general election.

As a sensible responsible politician why would you offer the electorate the opportunity to shoot its brains out with No Deal. The government knows the dire consequences of what it will bring and the only people advocating are the ultra wealthy and simpletons who have been sucked into this No Deal death cult.

We have spent three years deciding how to leave, not whether to.

The current Tory and Labour mandate is to deliver Brexit although one side is reneging on that mandate.

If either party cannot deliver Brexit then the only conceivable option is a general election to find a further mandate on the circumstances we are in.

Cast yourself back to 2015 and which event gave us the first referendum? Yep, a general election.

So what gets solved if Tories and Labour lose 30 MPs each and the Lib Dems / SNP gain 50 and BXP gains 10. What happens with brexit then?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.