General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
Unfortunately this is the feeling amongst a lot of the voters, people will call them names but it is what it is, they won't change now. Every challenge or hurdle put in place is frustrating more and more. Johnson's rating based on his performance so far should be nose-diving, but it's not - it's higher than May's.
I think there's two things driving this:

1. You'd have to be some kind of weirdo not to be sick to death of this whole thing. After 52% voted out, a good number of the 48% thought OK, I don't agree with this but it must be respected and we must get on with it. Whilst the non-appearance of the promised unicorn Brexit has no doubt caused some people to have changed their minds, most have not. And they are joined by people who are sick to death of it and who just want it done now.

2. The prospect of a Jeremy Corbyn - John McDonnell (@Rascal: aka Marxist John) government, really frightens the majority of people in this country. People who are centre ground, or slightly right of centre leaning. That is where the centre of gravity is. They may have voted for Corbyn as a protest vote in 2017, but no-one really gave him a cat in hells chance. An X against Labour was a better option than writing "Fuck Off" on the ballot paper. Now that X is serious, and the reality is, most people don't want Corbyn.

You don't think the extremists are running both parties? How novel.

That's as maybe, but the polarisation is not being driven by Labour.

Even if what you say is true about Labour and it has been captured by extremists (which is bullshit by the way). Extremist left wingers working inside cosy parties like Labour are insidious, don't create waves, they ride the coat tails of respectability, they wait silently in the shadows, then they knife you in the back, burn your house down, shoot your dog and fuck your granny.

I know these things.

I think there's two things driving this:

1. You'd have to be some kind of weirdo not to be sick to death of this whole thing. After 52% voted out, a good number of the 48% thought OK, I don't agree with this but it must be respected and we must get on with it. Whilst the non-appearance of the promised unicorn Brexit has no doubt caused some people to have changed their minds, most have not. And they are joined by people who are sick to death of it and who just want it done now.

2. The prospect of a Jeremy Corbyn - John McDonnell (@Rascal: aka Marxist John) government, really frightens the majority of people in this country. People who are centre ground, or slightly right of centre leaning. That is where the centre of gravity is. They may have voted for Corbyn as a protest vote in 2017, but no-one really gave him a cat in hells chance. An X against Labour was a better option than writing "Fuck Off" on the ballot paper. Now that X is serious, and the reality is, most people don't want Corbyn.

Exactly. There's so many different levels to this than simply that all Remainers are Remoaners who won't accept the Referendum result and all Leavers are thick racist cunts who voted purely on the basis of what Farage said. Many Remainers - such as yourself - were passionate in your stance but have come round to the idea that we're leaving and that we should leave with the best deal we can possibly get, and many Leavers are now wondering whether they should've perhaps voted differently but also want us out with the best deal we can possibly get. (For the record, I don't regret the way I voted in 2016 but I do regret trusting the people in parliament to negotiate and vote through a deal without most of the shit show we've witnessed in the past 3 and a bit years).

It's only the extremes on both sides who are shouting the loudest - the vast majority of the country (regardless of how they voted) are indeed sick to death of hearing about it, and want a definitive resolution so we know where we all stand. And before anyone else tries to be smart and say "Well that won't be the end of it", yes no shit Sherlock.

That's as maybe, but the polarisation is not being driven by Labour.
Even if what you say is true about Labour and it has been captured by extremists (which is bullshit by the way). Extremist left wingers working inside cosy parties like Labour are insidious, don't create waves, they ride the coat tails of respectability, they wait silently in the shadows, then they knife you in the back, burn your house down, shoot your dog and fuck your granny. I know these things.
The 'things you know about' maybe will disappear with appropriate treatment but the Labour Party has at least made no foolish attempt to conceal the affinities and identities of its controlling comrades. It can achieve its straightforward Marxist objectives to ferment civil unrest and chaos behind the faux outrage of the likes of David Lammy currently orchestrating Momentum gangs before the real fun starts in an election campaign.

The 'things you know about' maybe will disappear with appropriate treatment but the Labour Party has at least made no foolish attempt to conceal the affinities and identities of its controlling comrades. It can achieve its straightforward Marxist objectives to ferment civil unrest and chaos behind the faux outrage of the likes of David Lammy currently orchestrating Momentum gangs before the real fun starts in an election campaign.

You need to sit in a darkened room with a bottle of whisky.

For all those warning/wanting a Tory/Brexit Party pact....I told you so....

Brexit: Nigel Farage election pact proposal rejected by No 10

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49665789

_108752095_96a312d6-ae34-4276-95bf-d1ea65860a54.jpg

"Johnson should cast his mind back to the European elections in May, in which his party came fifth, and ask himself: does he want the Tories to find themselves in a similarly disastrous position when the results of the next general election come in, or does he want to sign a non-aggression pact with me and return to Downing Street?"

Reactions: mat
For all those warning/wanting a Tory/Brexit Party pact....I told you so....

Brexit: Nigel Farage election pact proposal rejected by No 10

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49665789

_108752095_96a312d6-ae34-4276-95bf-d1ea65860a54.jpg

"Johnson should cast his mind back to the European elections in May, in which his party came fifth, and ask himself: does he want the Tories to find themselves in a similarly disastrous position when the results of the next general election come in, or does he want to sign a non-aggression pact with me and return to Downing Street?"

I also suspected this outcome. For old school tories and one nation moderates this pact is as appealing as eating there own bum holes. + Farages opening gambit is to request a free run at 80 brexity labour seats. Exactly the seats that BoJo needs.

While i expect this to keep coming back and maybe even some un-official wheeler dealing behind the scenes the tories just can't stand with Farage and hope to retain the moderates at the same time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.