General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
I'd read somewhere that China had overtaken the US, so there is clearly some room for debate or interpretation. The only other source I noted whilst doing a quick google just now said China on 476 and the US on 585, so if true I am mistaken. But nothing like the stats you quote.

Of course I understand you meant that (whether I accept it or not is another matter). But the UK death rate is obviously not 130,000 / 9 per year is it.
https://amp.businessinsider.com/countries-with-the-most-billionaires-2019-5

Tory Kueensberg on Brexit cast said she's been told by a cabinet minister that Boris will offer the GE if he loses the vote today tagging on a date of 14th October to placate Labour. Once parliament Is dissolved he'll change it to November 1st.
Tony Blair did it during the foot and mouth outbreak. Boris only has to get permission from Liz to move it as parliament has dissolved. As you say Labour have to be careful. Corbyn is playing poker with Sky News at the moment when asked about it.

They know what's up....

SNP Westminster leader Ian Blackford is just out of a meeting with other opposition leaders.

He says there is "a great determination" to remove the "cliff edge of a no-deal Brexit."

He also says that he wants a general election but adds "we need to be able to influence the date of that election".

"What we don't want to do is to fall out of the EU on a no-deal basis," he says.

"We know exactly what Boris Johnson is up to."

This could be his undoing. He's got a very Etonian view of other races and probably doesn't believe a Scottish person can be intelligent.

If she knows that then Labour must and would need to be beyond stupid to fall for it. Can't see labour supporting an election until it's set in stone.

Corbyn jumped the gun yesterday (incompetence again from him and those that tell him what to do). The intelligent Labour staffers and MPs are on to it.

It's all about timing and perception. Worst case for BoJo is to make him extend then do the election from November on wards and therefore that is best for Labour. It has the risk the BoJo does something stupid but even if he does it does not play out well for him in the coming campaign. Any election after Oct 31st BoJo is highly likely to lose - because we will either be in the EU rendering him a failure or out of the EU with him having subverted the will of parliament and dealing with a chaotic economic position. BoJo must know that he will get annihilated in the latter scenario.

If I was BoJo I would be advising him to resign and appoint a remainer successor if he cant get an election before 31 Oct. Whoever holds the baby on the 31st Oct will be branded either a failure or a traitor.

I'd read somewhere that China had overtaken the US, so there is clearly some room for debate or interpretation. The only other source I noted whilst doing a quick google just now said China on 476 and the US on 585, so if true I am mistaken. But nothing like the stats you quote.

I'm not really sure there is room for interpretation if both sources go against your idea that China has more billionaires than any other country lol

All getting a bit emotional in No 10. Source Daily Mail.

‘Bust up at rebel MPs' meeting with PM:
PM: 'I will not tolerate a Bill that hands over power to Corbyn.'
Hammond: 'We are handing over power to parliament.'
PM: 'You are handing power over to a junta that includes Jeremy Corbyn.'

All getting a bit emotional in No 10. Source Daily Mail.

‘Bust up at rebel MPs' meeting with PM:
PM: 'I will not tolerate a Bill that hands over power to Corbyn.'
Hammond: 'We are handing over power to parliament.'
PM: 'You are handing power over to a junta that includes Jeremy Corbyn.'

Does he know what a junta is?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.