General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
From The Times

‘Tory MP Phillip Lee just crossed the floor to join the Lib Dems during Boris Johnson’s G7 statements’

And here he is doing it....

The Tory Philip Lee has just issued this statement about his defection to the Lib Dems.

Over 27 years ago I joined the Conservative & Unionist party led by Sir John Major. Since 2010 I have had the privilege of representing the Bracknell Constituency. The party I joined in 1992 is not the party I am leaving today.

This Conservative government is aggressively pursuing a damaging
Brexit in unprincipled ways. It is putting lives and livelihoods at risk unnecessarily and it is wantonly endangering the integrity of the United Kingdom. More widely, it is undermining our country’s economy, democracy and role in the world. It is using political manipulation, bullying and lies. And it is doing these things in a deliberate and considered way.

That is why today I am joining Jo Swinson and the Liberal Democrats. I believe the Liberal Democrats are best placed to build the unifying and inspiring political force needed to heal our divisions, unleash our talents, equip us to take the opportunities and overcome the challenges that we face as a society - and leave our country and our world in a better place for the next generations.

The one nation Tories need to get their act together or there'll be no act left, just neoliberal odd balls and lunatics.

Depends how you count Kate Hoey. She is basically UKIP, identifies as Labour and votes with Tories. With her; Tories + DUP + KH = a majority of 1.

Aye, fair enough. She'll be gone soon enough. I wonder how many more Cons will defer before the night is out?

Playing the only card he has.....

Boris Johnson dismisses anti no deal legislation as 'Jeremy Corbyn's surrender bill'
Johnson says the UK will be ready for a no-deal Brexit.

But he wants to return from the EU summit with a deal, he says.

However, one thing would jeopardise the chances of this - MPs passing the bill to rule out no deal, and to force the UK to “beg” for a delay.

He says Jeremy Corbyn has spent all summer working on this bill.

It is a bill without precedent, he says. It would force him to go to Brussels and beg for an extension, and it would force him to accept the terms offered, he says.

He says this is “Jeremy Corbyn’s surrender bill”. It means “running up the white flag”.

There are no circumstances in which I will every accept anything like it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.