General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
The people will fall for the buffoon's bluster and tub thumping but the members of parliament hate him.
Sadly this is very true I know staunch Labour supporters (the Brexit supporting variety of course) who think that he's great our very own Trump.

53.9% leave to 46.1% remain according to BBC
Which is slightly more to the point.

He's got every chance of retaining the seat as a Lib Dem if the pro Brexit vote is split between BXP and the Tories. Also his Bracknell seat doesn't cover the whole of the Bracknell Forest local government area (used for the EU ref) so it's difficult to tell if his seat is actually Leave or Remain. The other parliamentary constituency in Bracknell Forest is Windsor.

For the purpose of calculating the official majority (or minority as it is now) she is a Labour MP and has not resigned the Labour whip.

If you are going to use that analogy what about Justin Greening and Alister Burt who has all but joined the Lib Dem's (maybe they will be the next to walk across to the Lib Dem benches?) There's plenty more who are giving Boris the bird right now for his hard man tactics.

Which is slightly more to the point.

He's got every chance of retaining the seat as a Lib Dem if the pro Brexit vote is split between BXP and the Tories. Also his Bracknell seat doesn't cover the whole of the Bracknell Forest local government area (used for the EU ref) so it's difficult to tell if his seat is actually Leave or Remain. The other parliamentary constituency in Bracknell Forest is Windsor.

And the referendum in 2016 was over 3 years ago and a lot has changed. Brexit now is not what it was then. Back then brexit polls were circa 50:50 right now brexit support generally is low 40's and no deal is sub 30%. Add in the fact that the brexit party might split the vote and it is wide open.

I don't often watch parliamentary discussions but when I do I have to wonder what drives people to stay in positions of such power. The pressure must be immense and I don't know how any normal person could want to to be prime minister in these circumstances

Last edited:
Apparently the pound had a mini revival when Lee crossed the floor. Very unpatriotic our currency.

And the referendum in 2016 was over 3 years ago and a lot has changed. Brexit now is not what it was then. Back then brexit polls were circa 50:50 right now brexit support generally is low 40's and no deal is sub 30%. Add in the fact that the brexit party might split the vote and it is wide open.
I think you're understating Brexit support slightly. Most of the recent polls I've seen have a combined Tory / BXP total of 45% - 47%, with no sign of it increasing or decreasing. The only change seems to be what proportion choose the Tories and what proportion choose the BXP. I suspect any residual Labour Leavers are cancelled out by Tory Remainers, with the other parties at more or less 100% remain (Edit: maybe not more!).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.