General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
No - I think i said the other day that there needs to be 10 - 15 tory rebels to be 100% that you can vote down the government. That covers the various anomalies and the 5 or 6 hardline brexit Lab MPs and others who you just cant trust.
So, if there is a “normal” vote of confidence, where Tories aren’t voting to prevent no deal and Hoey and co aren’t voting to force no deal, could the government win?

In other words, if Labour don’t vote for a General Election now, would they lose that chance for the time being?

So, if there is a “normal” vote of confidence, where Tories aren’t voting to prevent no deal and Hoey and co aren’t voting to force no deal, could the government win?

In other words, if Labour don’t vote for a General Election now, would they lose that chance for the time being?

I genuinely think Hoey would vote for whatever keeps Boris in power - she is that far down the brexit hole. The other 4 or 5 Lexit Lunnies are anyone's guess.

If you are going to use that analogy what about Justin Greening and Alister Burt who has all but joined the Lib Dem's (maybe they will be the next to walk across to the Lib Dem benches?) There's plenty more who are giving Boris the bird right now for his hard man tactics.
No, I'm just stating the official calculation, and that now stands at -1.
Greening and Burt still count as Tory MPs who take the Tory whip in the official calculation.

Don't think so. They could vote against an election now and instigate one with a vote of no confidence at a time of their choosing. That would prevent parliament being shut down for an election campaign when it's needed to deal with Brexit.

I think.

Don't think so. They could vote against an election now and instigate one with a vote of no confidence at a time of their choosing. That would prevent parliament being shut down for an election campaign when it's needed to deal with Brexit.

I think.
Yep, as long as they keep enough of the Tories onside, which isn't guaranteed if another extension is secured.

Johnson says Tory Brexiters would face deselection if they refused to back any deal he agreed

So adding that to the deselection if they vote for Corbyn's bill tonight basically if you don't agree with Boris you will be deselected a tin pot dictatorship and its only day one. Maybe someone should remind Boris of how he and his ERM rabble opposed May's deal ? The stench of hypocrisy in the chambers right now!

Odds on Hammon going with Boris now he knows he won't be able to stand as a Con in the next election? Typical Tory weasel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.