General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
1979 Tories 13.7m votes 339 seats, Labour 11.5m votes 269 seats, Liberals 4.3 m votes 11 seats

1983 Tories 13.0 m votes 397 seats, Labour 8.5m votes 209 seats, Alliance 7.8 m votes 23 seats

The SDP had a huge influence on the outcome, at least in terms of the Tory majority, without winning that many seats. The tories are more vulnerable than labour to losing seats to the Lib Dem’s but perversely could benefit from a Lib Dem revival. It all depends on how the Lib Dem and BXP votes are concentrated.
You're agreeing with me shat the "other" parties will split the Labour and Tory votes.

In normal circumstances the waivering LibDem voter would vote Labour. But these are not normal circumstances. Millions of Labour supporters can't bring themselves to vote Corbyn, so how many LibDems will, 3?

If Labour was the only party supporting a second referendum, then they might conceivably pick up devout Remainer LibDems. But since Ref2 is core LibDem policy, there's no chance of that.

Just ask yourself, why on earth would any LibDem voter vote Labour? Brexit leaning LibDems will vote Tory and Remain leaning LibDems will vote LibDem.

The only exception would be expats such as SWP who doesn't have to suffer the consequences of a Corbyn-led omni-shambles, or tactical voters. And in reality there is few of either. The Remain vote is going to be split horribly between the two parties.

The only reason Corbyn doesn’t want an election is because they fear they would lose, which in all likelihood they would

This is the way I see it. It's one thing gobbing off about wanting an election as he was just a couple of days ago but now that it could happen, he's suddenly changing his tune.

Maybe his pitiful - in fact non-existent - attempt at campaigning for his stated Remain position in the referendum, was simply down to him being utterly shit?

On reflection you have a point, that does seem plausible.

Beyond that, do some Googling eh

In other words you're blowing it out of your arse.

I know nothing about quantum mechanics so I don't post about it, you know absolutely nothing about the Labour party, and I mean nothing, might you take a leaf out of my book and desist in commenting on subjects you know nothing about?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.