General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
All parties should just put in there mandate that there will be another referendum.
I think we may be at the point where the government should revoke A50 and announce a new referendum to be held, with the same question, at the same time as the next general election in May 2022. Parties can announce in their manifestos whether they intend to honour or ignore the referendum result as they see fit. Parliament is deadlocked at the moment.

I think you underestimate how much some people a) want to leave the EU b) will see this as a second referendum.

I think the majority of people barely give a shit either way as long as it doesn’t adversely impact them. I also think Brexit will get drowned out by other issues that matter more to people. Where it will get traction is the ‘ignoring your vote’ angle not Brexit itself.

Anyway guess we will find out soon enough.

No.

The price for a pact is the Tories committing to a no deal Brexit. Not Brexit with a ‘surrender’ deal. How is that a viable strategy in Scotland, Wales, urban areas or even Labour seats in the North with Labour focusing on the NHS etc and banging on about the Tories selling the NHS to Trump in a no deal Brexit? How is that viable in the SW England which went from LibDem to Tory in 2015 with LibDems back in the game and their bollocks to Brexit message?
Ok.

I don't see either Boris or Jeremy achieving an overall majority. I predict the Lib Dems and SNP will play a major part in the election.

I am sure Corbyn would like to have a deal with the SNP that's probably his best option?

Brexit party won't have enough to form a deal with Boris.

The Lib Dems are more than likely to be the kingmakers here because they will take seats off the Tories who will be split by the Brexit party.
I think you're mixing up seats with votes.

The Brexit party will have a lot of voters and if most or effectively all of them vote Conservative, then that means the Tories will win a lot of seats.

I don't see the Libdems (or the Brexit party) winning many seats at all, but that's not really my point. The influence will be on how those parties affect the overall voting.

I wonder if the Tories would have the minerals to agree to not post candidates in firm labour seats with high leave percentages to give the BP a free run at getting elected and vice versa by the BP in close Tory/Labour seats.

I genuinely hope it doesn’t happen but I’d be on the phone to that wanker Farage if I was Boris.
So would I.

I think the majority of people barely give a shit either way as long as it doesn’t adversely impact them. I also think Brexit will get drowned out by other issues that matter more to people. Where it will get traction is the ‘ignoring your vote’ angle not Brexit itself.

Anyway guess we will find out soon enough.
Final thing I’ll say on this particular back and forth but Brexit is the only political subject I see posted about on Facebook and my ‘Facebook social circle’ are all very red and working class.

Now that’s not to say there aren’t plenty that care more about the NHS etc but don’t post about it plus my right leaning friends simply don’t post about politics so I’m aware that my anecdotal evidence isn’t exactly a MORI poll.

This is nailed on to happen. There’s no way the Cons are getting a majority, even with the DUP. Nigel is Boris’ one and only hope. Just have to hope that there are enough sensible leave voters in northern towns that realize a no deal Brexit with Nige and Bozo would be a complete disaster for them.
I think you're spouting hope rather than anything based on evidence or logic.

Theresa turd breath May managed to get 56 more seats than that wanker you support, when he was riding high in the polls, as opposed to his currently dismal approval levels. And the Labour vote is going to have one enormous Libdem hole ripped in it.

There's every chance Boris could get a majority. Who knows.

I agree, I’ll be lending my vote to Labour if the election is called.
Will you agree to donate to charity the extra tax you'd be paying if you lived here when Corbyn got in? ;-)

Labour is an easy decision for an Remain inclined ex pat. For the poor sods who would have to suffer the insufferable twat, the decision is not so straightforward!

I think you're spouting hope rather than anything based on evidence or logic.

Theresa turd breath May managed to get 56 more seats than that wanker you support, when he was riding high in the polls, as opposed to his currently dismal approval levels. And the Labour vote is going to have one enormous Libdem hole ripped in it.

There's every chance Boris could get a majority. Who knows.
The Lib Dems will take as many voters from the Tories as they will from Labour if not more. In fact, they could be a serious asset to Labour as they'll be able to secure the moderate Tory vote that Corbyn never will. It's going to be a very strategic election everywhere outside Scotland with the Lib Dems and BXP having a serious influence. Also, the DUP aren't guaranteed to return 10 seats again, UUP are in a poor state right now which might save them but both they and Sinn Fein should be looking over their shoulders at Alliance.

Final thing I’ll say on this particular back and forth but Brexit is the only political subject I see posted about on Facebook and my ‘Facebook social circle’ are all very red and working class.

Now that’s not to say there aren’t plenty that care more about the NHS etc but don’t post about it plus my right leaning friends simply don’t post about politics so I’m aware that my anecdotal evidence isn’t exactly a MORI poll.

Fair enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.