General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
1983 Tories 13.0 m votes 397 seats, Labour 8.5m votes 209 seats, Alliance 7.8 m votes 23 seats
The Alliance vote was evenly spread in 1983 which limited their gains, the LibDem vote at the next election will be more concentrated in areas where they are strong so for a comparable percentage of votes they will make significantly more gains.

Really?

What would be your take on the principled man's humongous u-turns on god knows how many issues like shoot to kill or pressing the nuclear button?

He's an opportunistic, principle-less chancer and the public have recognised it:

W"asked whose interests Jeremy Corbyn puts first during Brexit negotiations, just under one in five (18%) think that he puts the country’s interests first. Just over one in four (27%) think that he puts the Labour party first, wnearly half (47%) think he has been prioritising his own interests." - Ipsos/Mori.

Even if untrue (it is true), he's screwed. People don't like him and don't believe him anymore.

All is not lost for Jezza. I'm sure if he does better than expected in a GE, he could always enter into a coalition with his Sinn Fein mates

We still haven't seen the possible impact the Labour shift in Brexit policy has had.

It will go down well in London but Labour will always hold London. How will it go down in Labour voting leave areas up here?

I think this election (if it happens) will change the game in terms of two-party politics.

Most likely result : Tory/TBP/DUP coalition.... It might sort Brexit but it will destroy domestic policy.

Think you are correct here. God knows where we will end up.

Corbyn hasn’t himself personally deselected mps. He got momentum members to harass mps with abuse, sexism and anti Semitism and then done nothing about it

I think that you have been too many right wing Tory rags mate unless you can back that up you are making some serious accusations there?

We still haven't seen the possible impact the Labour shift in Brexit policy has had.

It will go down well in London but Labour will always hold London. How will it go down in Labour voting leave areas up here?

I think this election (if it happens) will change the game in terms of two-party politics.

Most likely result : Tory/TBP/DUP coalition.... It might sort Brexit but it will destroy domestic policy.

It’s entirely plausible I could now vote Labour, in fact likely. A few months ago it was impossible.

There will be many more like me.

Will you agree to donate to charity the extra tax you'd be paying if you lived here when Corbyn got in? ;-)

Labour is an easy decision for an Remain inclined ex pat. For the poor sods who would have to suffer the insufferable twat, the decision is not so straightforward!
I still pay tax in the UK mate on my UK earnings.

"Merchants of project fear"

Another one to add to the soundbites...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.