General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
I think you're mixing up seats with votes.

The Brexit party will have a lot of voters and if most or effectively all of them vote Conservative, then that means the Tories will win a lot of seats.

I don't see the Libdems (or the Brexit party) winning many seats at all, but that's not really my point. The influence will be on how those parties affect the overall voting.

I am going off the fact that in a number of the marginal seats for the Tories Lib Dems are the closest party to them. If you split Tory voters in these marginals you get Lib Dem's, I don't see the Brexit party hoovering up Labour voters they have a very narrow appeal to them.

All is not lost for Jezza. I'm sure if he does better than expected in a GE, he could always enter into a coalition with his Sinn Fein mates

You don’t find a consensus with a terrorist by shooting them and locking them up. You end up sitting down and talking to them. See NI, Afghanistan etc. The same will happen in Israel eventually. If you want peace you have to , eventually, sit down and talk. JC shaking hands with SF? Where are they now? Power sharing in NI(when they sort out Stormont), McGuiness shaking hand with the queen anyone?

I speak as ex forces who lost mates in NI but with hindsight can see the way the land has to lie.

I think that you have been too many right wing Tory rags mate unless you can back that up you are making some serious accusations there?

I don't think you need to read any right wing Tory rags to draw the conclusion he did. The Panorama programme a few weeks ago about anti-Semitism in the Labour Party was most enlightening. Of course, every single person involved with the programme could be part of an anti-Corbyn agenda.

Last edited:
Because Corbyn wants to leave.
I actually don't think you are that far off tbh.
The key is I think Corbyn would probably want to leave with a deal rather than Johnson who seems like he wants to drive the country off a cliff.

The next issue becomes is that there isn't another deal other than the WA on the table

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.