General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
Agree - my MP is TIG/change. If Labour, Lib Dems and greens all stand against her then that is a potential 4 way split for the remain vote. That can not work - as a minimum I expect TIG/change, Lib dems and greens to form a pact. If they don't I will be raging.

Corbyn has missed the boat on remain but he has at least ensured that he still has a decent chance in some of the hard core leave seats. Peterborogh was the kind of result he has been playing for and he beat the BXP there when that is exactly the kind of seat they would expect to win. I think Labour will do ok at retaining there seats, tories won't.

"Corbyn has missed the boat on remain".

I wouldn't put it quite like that. I was sure he'd go remain after the Euro elections and he has lost votes and members over it, but maybe he was right straddling the issue, he'll go in to the election promising to negotiate a Labour Deal, Norway with bells on, and then put it to a referendum, with remain on the ballot, the Lib Dems will have a hard time arguing against that.

Of course, If it ever comes to this, Farage will scream betrayal and probably urge a boycott, and remain would win.

Jobs a good'un.

Agree - my MP is TIG/change. If Labour, Lib Dems and greens all stand against her then that is a potential 4 way split for the remain vote. That can not work - as a minimum I expect TIG/change, Lib dems and greens to form a pact. If they don't I will be raging.

Corbyn has missed the boat on remain but he has at least ensured that he still has a decent chance in some of the hard core leave seats. Peterborogh was the kind of result he has been playing for and he beat the BXP there when that is exactly the kind of seat they would expect to win. I think Labour will do ok at retaining there seats, tories won't.

I’m trying not to over think it and will just go out and vote for what I believe is the right thing to do.

I can see things getting really messy and the polls getting it completely wrong.

It seems that there has been a surge in young people signing up to vote in the coming GE. Great to see, the skewed age demographic of voters has long been an issue and our social security system is skewed as a result with years and years of sops to elderly voters - tripe lock pension anyone? If it was up to me I'd have voting at 16 and make it mandatory that schools offer to assist leavers in signing up.

So, you would see the triple lock abolished? I am 70, no chance of increasing my income, spent 23 years as a soldier working, literally, all the hours god sent (not unusual, at times, to be working upwards of 16 hour days, went 2 weeks with 8 hours sleep once). Without this ‘lock’ my income would decrease in real terms.

I paid into the system every single day of my working life. If the system is broken then it wasn’t my fault. If you want younger people to be better off then increase NI contributions in the same way they did with us. Don’t take it out on us.

Can we not just put all the shite about Corbyn, IRA in his own thread.

To say he would be celebrating when the IRA bombed Brighton and encouraging terrorists is fuckin ridiculous.

This thread has become toxic.
Toxic suggests people are making these things up. Suggestions of him celebrating the Brighton bomb is too far, I agree, but there's plenty of details about his relationship with the political wing of the IRA in the public domain which is fact and if he's to be the next Prime Minister as a result of a GE then in my opinion it's the right place for it.

So, you would see the triple lock abolished? I am 70, no chance of increasing my income, spent 23 years as a soldier working, literally, all the hours god sent (not unusual, at times, to be working upwards of 16 hour days, went 2 weeks with 8 hours sleep once). Without this ‘lock’ my income would decrease in real terms.

I paid into the system every single day of my working life. If the system is broken then it wasn’t my fault. If you want younger people to be better off then increase NI contributions in the same way they did with us. Don’t take it out on us.

My point is the system is massively skewed in favor of the elderly - as you say your income goes up every year and has done through tory austerity where as a carer looking after someone with serve disabilities / health issues gets no guaranteed annual increases and will have suffered from all the cuts / bed room tax etc. The system is not fair - because politicians game the system.

Javid has done it today with his schools funding - funding was cut disproportionately to disadvantaged areas and they are now increasing funding on a per child basis that is not directed to the schools that really need the money - schools in areas where people don't vote tory. It stinks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.