General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
My point is the system is massively skewed in favor of the elderly - as you say your income goes up every year and has done through tory austerity where as a carer looking after someone with serve disabilities / health issues gets no guaranteed annual increases and will have suffered from all the cuts / bed room tax etc. The system is not fair - because politicians game the system.

Javid has done it today with his schools funding - funding was cut disproportionately to disadvantaged areas and they are now increasing funding on a per child basis that is not directed to the schools that really need the money - schools in areas where people don't vote tory. It stinks.

There is obviously plenty of money to spend. Just not in the 'right' places for votes. 'Stinks' is not the right word for it.

Yes! Perfect. Follow it up with something about vile/rats/toffs/chinless cûnts for double effect.
Tbh I think the issue here is that we all get distracted by 'playing the man rather than the ball'. Both BJ and corbyn have big questions to answer on current issues and policy, but even in the commons and media today it bacame about corbyns IRA stuff and anti semitism, and Boris!s racism and tory islamaphobia.

Tbh I think the issue here is that we all get distracted by 'playing the man rather than the ball'. Both BJ and corbyn have big questions to answer on current issues and policy, but even in the commons and media today it bacame about corbyns IRA stuff and anti semitism, and Boris!s racism and tory islamaphobia.
Yes but it’s only toxic if you go after Corbyn.

Calling right wingers ‘Tory weasels’ is fine.

I find the attempt to paint corbyn as a jewel persecuting terrorist just as tedious as the class war stuff against the Tories. All just lazy clichés as far as I tell - if I wanted my politicians held to account by name calling I'd get my kids to do it.

Bit strange as well that he’s gone from wanting an election so bad from not even a few days ago to now not wanting one

Because the election would be on Johnsons terms not his. It is really not hard to understand that.

Labour should not enable a Tory election, they should do what the Tories do not want and that is to keep them floundering like beached whales in the baby pool and destroy that **** Johnson for good.

All is not lost for Jezza. I'm sure if he does better than expected in a GE, he could always enter into a coalition with his Sinn Fein mates

I am sure you aware Sinn Fein never take their seats because they will not swear allegiance to the crown.

So your answer is obviously a reference to the supposed support of the IRA. Sad really. It was talking that brought about the GFA. Even Thatcher did it.

I don't think you need to read any right wing Tory rags to draw the conclusion he did. The Panorama programme a few weeks ago about anti-Semitism in the Labour Party was most enlightening. Of course, every single person involved with the programme could be part of an anti-Corbyn agenda.

Yay, here we go. anti Semitism.

We should play Corbyn bingo today.

I have Chippy Boy down as saying he is a Marxist

Forget our political differences.

If you don't already having a winning margin in the bag going in to an election, you have to work out where you're going to pick up votes.

Johnson's problem is it's difficult to see where he's going to pick up those votes, there aren't hordes of fence sitters with Johnson. The waters are further muddied because it seems Farage will field Brexit Party candidates to Johnson's right, screaming betrayal and whatnot.

For Labour there are opportunities to pick up votes, that's historically always been the case, the number of folk who state they'll never vote Labour is much smaller than those who state they'll never vote Tory.

Labour swims in a bigger pond of potential switch voters than the Tories, that's been true for some time.

Labour's route to power lies in undermining the Lib Dems, it's not inevitable, but it's doable. And, of course, producing a stonking manifesto, getting its ground game sorted and keeping MPs on side, which, given the recent turmoil in the Labour Party, looks a lot easier than in 2017.

Never underestimate a Party that can go from 25% to 40% in a matter of a few short weeks.
I understand your desperation to see a Labour win. It's almost matched by my pathological dislike of Corbyn and in particular McDonnell and desperation that they do not win. Almost.

But I fail to see the logic in your analysis. There are 650 seats up for grabs. Of that, there's about 60 in Scotland IIRC and I'll concede Labour or SNP will win all of those, so effectively Labour.

It doesn't matter how much of a landslide it is, there are only the 60 seats and how many do the Tories have to lose? 16 is it? So that's a swing of say 32.

Of the 590 seats left, the Tories, Labour, LibDems and the Brexit Party will mop up virtually all the votes. Ok the greens may get a few votes here and there, but the first 4 will get nearly all of them.

Labour will lose some Brexit voters to the Tories or the Brexit party and the Tories will lose some voters to the LibDems (not many imo - most hate Corbyn and will vote LibDem as being as far lesser evil.)

The Tories however have the possibility of picking up millions of Brexit Party voters. Where are the millions of extra Labour votes going to come from, to compensate for the ones they have lost to the LibDems? The greens? They will probably vote green. And if not, LibDem. Who else? There isn't anyone else.

I get your point but the difference is the Tories are generally called out by for their current ideologies and policies whilst they have to revert back to something that may or may not have happened with Corbyn 30 odd years ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.