General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
72 hours to the GE trigger being pulled - sequence kicks off a 2.31pm tomorrow via a motion to control order paper then to change the law to remove no deal option - if that is won then it's full speed ahead via a VoNC from the government.....according to the BBC

Last edited:
I don't know if they would or wouldn't, if it was me I would not purely for the reasons that I think the act was ridiculous in the first place and why should the opposition enable the governments wishes.

It will come down to who has the most to gain, but I would look at it as who has the most to lose.
Jezza is calling for a GE as you type.

What if he falls ten seats short and forms a Brexit party coalition? Is that a mandate for a Boris no deal?
Of course. Remainers have been banging on about Parliamentary sovereignty because they are in a majority at the moment and have been able to scupper Brexit. I hope they will remain consistent in that approach if the British people elect a Parliament with a Leave majority.

What if he falls ten seats short and forms a Brexit party coalition? Is that a mandate for a Boris no deal?

Yes because no deal doesn't require a majority. No deal doesn't even require Parliament to be sitting.

The only thing that requires a majority is if you want to stop no deal.

And how many of those 17.4 million voted on the basis that this would be the 'easiest deal in history'? There seems to be a view around that everyone who voted for Brexit voted for a no-deal Brexit and that isn't necessarily the case. This has to be balanced against the factors that you mention. I don't think a GE is going to be as clear cut as you suggest and the worst case scenario is if it results in another hung parliament with no majority to do anything - what then?

Brexit is falling in popularity generally. And a no deal brexit is unpopular by a huge margin. A hung parliament will have a majority for or aganist brexit and similalrly for or against a no deal brexit. It doesn't have to work via party lines - a hung parliament could push it through or stop it.

I'm in a Labour Leave area with an MP who has done everything he can to block Brexit. I can't fucking wait to put my tick in the Brexit Party box, and I'm far from alone in that. These fuckers need a lesson in who is the boss in a democracy.

Prediction = Labour hold.

Brexit is falling in popularity generally. And a no deal brexit is unpopular by a huge margin. A hung parliament will have a majority for or aganist brexit and similalrly for or against a no deal brexit. It doesn't have to work via party lines - a hung parliament could push it through or stop it.

Prediction = Labour hold.
That might depend on how many votes Labour lose to the Lib Dem’s

The way I look at it is they don’t have a choice
A shadow minister has just said that they wouldn’t support it if we would crash out during the campaign. But is that possible? If an election is called this week could it be delayed until November?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.