General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
I think what that reminds us is how far off and misleading the polls are and how much sentiment can firm up during an election campign. I get the impression polls just reflect what people thought previously, an aggregation of past views - they never really capture the momentum or direction of travel. May - looked at the polls and assumed that tories where on the up - they had been under Cameron and the perception was brexit would be a step in there favour. They totally failed to account for the fact that people were moving on to consider what type of brexit and labour voters who voted leave were not going to automatically default to wanting a hard line tory brexit and tories who voted remain were not going to do anything to help her. It is the latter that will kill the tories, the moderate rationale one nation tories who might have been on the fence with brexit in 2016 but really don't like no deal and will be pretty horified with recent events will abandon ship. That luke warm support that May got in 2017 from many in her own party will be ice cold for BoJo.
Maybe.

Every coin has two sides though. Another interpretation could be that despite Corbyn running the campaign of his life, and surprising everyone in doing so, and despite him bribing 50% of the young voters with promises of free tuition fees; despite him successfully using social media to great advantage and despite Theresa May proving to be absolutely abjectly awful, offering literally nothing positive whatsoever, and running THE WORST election campaign in history... A hard left Labour party *still* failed to win anything like as many seats as the Tories.

Boris, for all his many, many faults, is infinitely more popular than May. The party will NEVER run a campaign that bad. They have already started putting out campaigning messages and bribing voters with promises of more money. Cynical, perhaps. Probably. But money talks and people are shallow. Some will not be persuaded but others will.

And Corbyn's popularity is way down compared to where it was. People regard him as weak and opportunistic. And the anti-semitism dark cloud hangs over him and his party.

He's one hell of a mountain to climb from such a low base. Can he do it, i.e. is it possible? Yes. Is it likely? I don't think so.

To be fair, he didn't say he was right-wing. Just that he was more right-wing than himself. I don't know where that puts Rascal on the political spectrum but it must be so far left that it's off the scale!
He said 'he is a little too right wing for me' so fair enough but as you say Rascal must be so far left wing...

Possibly, but that clown isn't. As you'll soon find out.
Theresa May defines zero. In fact below zero. She had anti-charisma.

And the enormous difference between now and 2017 is that the Tories know they have a fight on their hands.

To be fair, he didn't say he was right-wing. Just that he was more right-wing than himself. I don't know where that puts Rascal on the political spectrum but it must be so far left that it's off the scale!

Communist

We'll see.

The enormous difference between now and 2017 is that the Tories know they have a fight on their hands.
They've two fights on their hands and the more dangerous one is within their own party, Johnson, unlike May, is escalating that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.