General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just quick googling 75 percent of tax receipts comes from the top 50 percent of earners in the uk.

That's not the point I am making really though, the point is the NHS in crisis is not down to kicking the wealthy, they should not be even using the NHS.

The solution to the NHS issues is not as simple as taxing the rich more and giving it to the NHS.

There are too many people using fewer resources and far too much waste. People's health should not be used as a political football.

It needs a proper honest assessment of when we use it who uses it and that may mean some people cannot use it (save for emergencies) like those who can pay, overseas, non residents. I am not saying that is only the answer but I would a cross Party commission to get together and have a grown up conversation about the future of health. The only thing that is certain that with population growth as it currently stands it's only going to creak even more and we need a proper long term plan and to take it out of the political cycles because that is not working.
75 % of tax receipts come from the top 50%.
To my way of thinking, that seems like a more than fair distribution of the 'wealth' that the left keep wanting to take
from this section of society. How much more should it be?

75 % of tax receipts come from the top 50%.
To my way of thinking, that seems like a more than fair distribution of the 'wealth' that the left keep wanting to take
from this section of society. How much more should it be?

I would question that figure.

where doe the figure of 75% of tax receipts come from the top 50% ?

Is a chicken and egg situation though, Tax the companies more and they may well leave the UK, they are huge employers and the government receive income tax from everyone.
So if we demand G4s, Serco, ATOS, Virgin Care, Virgin Rail etc pay their share, they will leave?
I have no problem with that.
If we demand Starbucks pay their share, they will close down all their coffee shops?
Fine, I will get a cuppa in a locally owned coffee shop, & with the increase in customers, it can expand and employ those no longer working for starbucks.

I would question that figure.

where doe the figure of 75% of tax receipts come from the top 50% ?

It is thrown around a lot, and I'm finding hard to source (if you exclude The Telegraph)

_46940074_blastland_tax1_466.gif

is from http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8417205.stm, but is dated 2009

However, Income tax is only ~ 25% of government reciepts

Chart_2_960x640.jpg

This is the government's visualisation of expenditure
1200px-UK-Government-Expenditure-2016-17.jpg

But that's incredibly vague. Compare the impression you get from that chart, to this one (2014)
Screen-Shot-2014-11-04-at-07.47.44.png

How else you gonna pay for the NHS, social care, police, schools, other public services?
Trickle down benefits from a 'strong' economy to pay for public services is not working.
Reversing the cuts in inheritance tax and capital gains tax ( which only benefit the wealthy) will also help.
You say IHT and Capital Gains tax cuts only benefit the wealthy but that's bollocks. They only affect the wealthy for a start.

So it won't affect you but your sort call the Tories selfish when it's the left wanting to take away from others for the simple fact it won't affect them by and large. IHT is theft, simple as that. It was originally brought it to tackle extreme wealth, the top 1%, now it affects 30/40 times as many people. It's bollocks and no, I won't receive anything from my folks but I'll be fucked if my beneficiaries pay a penny in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.