General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would question that figure.

where doe the figure of 75% of tax receipts come from the top 50% ?

Government figures. I think it's soundly based.

What it doesn't offer is how much comes from the 40% tax bracket, i.e. how much of that is from the lower rate, and how much from the upper rate (as opposed to from people paying the higher rate) - that would be more instructive.

Where are you getting those numbers from?

80 odd percent general taxation

98.8 percent general taxation AND NI

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/projects/nhs-in-a-nutshell/how-nhs-funded

Something like this:
http://www.ukpublicrevenue.co.uk/breakdown_2016UKbt_17bc5n
I was talking about all government income, just to be clear.

This page (admittedly only up to 2013, has links that appear to have a breakdown of tax by income band. If I read it right, it suggests that the higher band is not a majority of income tax.
https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/income-tax-liabilities-by-income-range--2

not that this is a barometer of anything but Jezza stayed in manchester last night, and I know a couple of people who met him from them working where he stays.

One is lib dem and one is labour but not a fan and had misgivings about voting them. Both this morning after meeting and chating to him have said they will be voting labour.

Now the bbc in particular with it's UKIP love in has spent days concocting this marxist, reds under the bed spin of him.
Put that along side the last 2 years of negative coverage from most outlets and maybe if instead of the sensationalism we are fed, actual the real people and policies were reported so people saw the message not this apparent bogey man and fool the elction may be more in the balance.

But hey lets carry on the myths that poor people don't pay more tax, the rich are the wealth creators, and a more equal fair society is envy polotics not just a decent thing to consider.

not that this is a barometer of anything but Jezza stayed in manchester last night, and I know a couple of people who met him from them working where he stays.

One is lib dem and one is labour but not a fan and had misgivings about voting them. Both this morning after meeting and chating to him have said they will be voting labour.

Now the bbc in particular with it's UKIP love in has spent days concocting this marxist, reds under the bed spin of him.
Put that along side the last 2 years of negative coverage from most outlets and maybe if instead of the sensationalism we are fed, actual the real people and policies were reported so people saw the message not this apparent bogey man and fool the elction may be more in the balance.

But hey lets carry on the myths that poor people don't pay more tax, the rich are the wealth creators, and a more equal fair society is envy polotics not just a decent thing to consider.

Oh my word

The New Statesman, well I never. Desperation is an understatement, blaming May for the state of the Labour party,
then saying it's undemocratic to call an election when the opposition is weak!
These people just can't empathise with others, in their minds, everyone is either stupid or an insensitive bastard unless
we believe in the same things they do.
TBF - in my search for balance I read right across the spectrum - but that was laughable

I would be very surprised if they'd said they met him and thought he was a right c**t. Aren't 90+% of polticians capable of coming of coming across as nice, decent men and women on a short one to one meeting?

All he has to do is to personally meet another 2 or 3 million voters and he's sorted then.

Last edited:

Yet another example of many on the left saying that if you vote Tory then the only reason you've done so is because you've been brainwashed by the right-wing media.

I've got an idea that might help those lefties..... how about listening to other people with different views to you and accepting that they hold those different viewpoints. Then, debate with them about their views to see if you can change their minds rather than just accusing them of not being capabale of independent thought.

Go on, give it a try. I won't be holding my breath in this one mind.

Yet another example of many on the left saying that if you vote Tory then the only reason you've done so is because you've been brainwashed by the right-wing media.

I've got an idea that might help those lefties..... how about listening to other people with different views to you and accepting that they hold those different viewpoints. Then, debate with them about their views to see if you can change their minds rather than just accusing them of not being capabale of independent thought.

Go on, give it a try. I won't be holding my breath in this one mind.

It didnt think it said that. The New Statesmen is saying that people will vote Tory because the current Labour leadership is abysmal.

"They say opposition parties don’t win elections, governments lose them, but in this instance it was the other way around. You, a highly trained heavyweight boxer, just picked a fight with a frail old man".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.