General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep seeing comments online describing the tories as facist.

They are utter scumbags in their domestic policies but since when did not wanting to give up powers relating to your own country to others become facist or am I missing something?

Tories pledge to curb energy bills ... they've done nothing about them for 7 years !

In fact, when Miliband made the same pledge in 2013, David Cameron accused him of living in "some kind of Marxist universe". It baffles me that people just lap up the tory narrative without question. Labour apparently borrow too much even when the tories borrow more, Labour are living in a marxist fantasy then the tories put forward exactly the same ideas four years later and labour can't be trusted with the economy when the tories have repeatedly sold off public assets to private investment companies who then sell them on at a major profit.

I keep seeing comments online describing the tories as facist.

They are utter scumbags in their domestic policies but since when did not wanting to give up powers relating to your own country to others become facist or am I missing something?
The best way to defeat your opponent these days is to demonise them to the point they are perceived socially and ethically untouchable.

Support X? You support Fascism! Diasgree with me? Sorry, but I don't associate with NAZIS!

Yet another example of many on the left saying that if you vote Tory then the only reason you've done so is because you've been brainwashed by the right-wing media.

I've got an idea that might help those lefties..... how about listening to other people with different views to you and accepting that they hold those different viewpoints. Then, debate with them about their views to see if you can change their minds rather than just accusing them of not being capabale of independent thought.

Go on, give it a try. I won't be holding my breath in this one mind.
It seems folk on either side of the political spectrum had lost the ability to listen to reasoned debate.

Something like this:
http://www.ukpublicrevenue.co.uk/breakdown_2016UKbt_17bc5n
I was talking about all government income, just to be clear.

This page (admittedly only up to 2013, has links that appear to have a breakdown of tax by income band. If I read it right, it suggests that the higher band is not a majority of income tax.
https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/income-tax-liabilities-by-income-range--2
I'm not sure you have read it right mate.

For 2013 as the latest one:

61,400 of 157,000 is from basic rate payers. The remainder is from higher and additional rate payers (95,700) which is just under 61%.

I'm not sure you have read it right mate.

For 2013 as the latest one:

61,400 of 157,000 is from basic rate payers. The remainder is from higher and additional rate payers (95,700) which is just under 61%.

Could be - I only found it this morning.
I was viewing the 'higher rate' part as still including the basic rate bit up to ~35k ish - I was then viewing the basic rate part as still being basic rate.

Regardless of how that bit is viewed, I'm surprised that the higher rate is that large a proportion, with the 50% bracket getting on for as much as the 40% bracket total, and the 40% bracket close to the basic rate. Even viewing the basic rate part as I had, it's not going to change things noticeably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.