General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone watching QT?

Odd moment where an (I guess Indian/Pakistani region bloke) telling the panel immigration has ruined the country, moaning about literacy/numeracy tests for them (whilst he's speaking in broken English unless extremely nervous), moaning about "whole north UK full of my community" and them having indefinite stay - says "this country isn't England any more... what country are we in, there's hardly any your colour faces anymore in this country."

He wants them all reinterviewed basically saying they got here because they went to bogus colleges vouching for their skills.

Well, here's an immigrant to the UK who seems to agree with my point we need to think about a permanent % restriction on immigrant ethnicities to safeguard British culture (the reason immigrants chose to come here) - it aint gonna come from anywhere else in the world if it loses the platform of a sovereign country to evolve. We want every country to protect their culture in the same way too, the USA is the country OF immigrants. We don't need blind multiculturalism, we need managed multiculturalism. Before anyone jumps the gun on my point I've explained it fully elsewhere and can point them to it if need be, know it can seem a touchy subject without explanation (it's a cultural issue, which is inevitably tied to ethnicity).

Unfortunately it's immigrants that are the ones having to raise the issue publicly since anyone British would be crucified for it.

28bu334.jpg
I hadn't seen that graphic before, so thanks.

It succinctly and powerfully illustrates in a simple image, just what complete and utter nonsense the Labour party's plans are.

There's barely a single apple on it that could withstand even the most trivial scrutiny.

For example, a crack down on tax avoiders. £6.5bn
First, tax avoidance is perfectly fine and legal. It's what everyone who can do, does, like putting money into their pension or saving in a ISA. This is tax avoidance. How are Labour proposing to crack down on perfectly legal activity? They cannot.

Perhaps what they mean is tax evasion? That is illegal and should be cracked down on. But successive governments have been trying to crack this for years and some progress has been made. The low hanging fruit has been picked. To imagine there's another £6.5bn lying around that can be simply picked up, is absolutely ridiculous.

I'm on a phone and it's late so I can't be arsed picking holes on the rest of it, but it's pretty obvious how unrealistic these imaginary pots of money are. We've already discussed why the corporation tax figure is poppycock.

£5.6bn from a tax on derivatives. From the banks that fucked off to Frankfurt? Sure that'll work.

Etc etc etc

To be fair, if I was a US company a choice between setting up in the UK or Ireland is an absolute no-brainer.

Like you say, practically same culture in all relevance and same isles where transport/travel to and from the continent is practically the same consideration for most types of business. Unless they want a science park with specific companies in the UK already, they're as far in Dublin as they'd be in other parts of the UK to London for building relationships with other UK companies/clients - I don't know the ins/outs of costs between Rep. Ireland/UK but with internet calls etc. none of thats a concern in terms of regular communication with businesses (if it ever were).

We can't do much about it though as we can't compete with them on it so our strongest relationship needs to be with the Rep. to work together where we can and help each other out.
The lack of knowledge of the tax system worldwide is baffling amongst people on here.
If anyone moves to Ireland, it will not be because of corp tax increase, it will be because of no free tariff trade with EU.

It succinctly and powerfully illustrates in a simple image, just what complete and utter nonsense the Labour party's plans are.

There's barely a single apple on it that could withstand even the most trivial scrutiny.

First, tax avoidance is perfectly fine and legal. It's what everyone who can do, does, like putting money into their pension or saving in a ISA. This is tax avoidance. How are Labour proposing to crack down on perfectly legal activity? They cannot.

Perhaps what they mean is tax evasion? That is illegal and should be cracked down on. But successive governments have been trying to crack this for years and some progress has been made. The low hanging fruit has been picked. To imagine there's another £6.5bn lying around that can be simply picked up, is absolutely ridiculous.

I'm on a phone and it's late so I can't be arsed picking holes on the rest of it, but it's pretty obvious how unrealistic these imaginary pots of money are. We've already discussed why the corporation tax figure is poppycock.

£5.6bn from a tax on derivatives. From the banks that fucked off to Frankfurt? Sure that'll work.

Etc etc etc

Thought the banks weren't going to fuck off coz post Brexit we were the best place to do business?

The lack of knowledge of the tax system worldwide is baffling amongst people on here.
If anyone moves to Ireland, it will not be because of corp tax increase, it will be because of no free tariff trade with EU.
We weren't discussing it in the context of companies "moving" to Ireland. SWP began with that point, I was adding reasons agreeing why Ireland is a better solution. I did use a rather shit example of phone calls because I'm too tired to think of a good one but my points somewhere round about in there.

Etc etc etc

But it disagrees with me it must wrong, i remember you waffling about corporation tax.

Thought the banks weren't going to fuck off coz post Brexit we were the best place to do business?
Well I campaigned for us to remain and have been saying for 18 months that we'd get a shit deal from the EU if we left, and that there would be a mass exodus of foreign employers and jobs from the UK, with disasterous consequences. I haven't seen anything to change my mind.

Well I campaigned for us to remain and have been saying for 18 months that we'd get a shit deal from the EU if we left, and that there would be a mass exodus of foreign employers and jobs from the UK, with disasterous consequences. I haven't seen anything to change my mind.

Me too and I agree-- furthermore May inspires zero confidence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.