General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
May was a Remainer ffs - she made her mind up early on ended up "losing" and still ended up as PM.
And ? Yes she was a remainer, so what makes leavers suddenly beleive they can trust her to deliver a hardline brexit when a year ago she believed it was better to be part of the eu, What has she done to convince you she will do a deal that goes against almost everything she thought was best for the uk a year ago,
Either you believe she will go against what she thinks is best for the uk now. Or she was going against what she believed in, last year.
I suspect when she gets this mandate she will do something in between the two poles. I also suspect me as a leaver may end up happier with her compromises than some leavers that have put all their trust in her.

And ? Yes she was a remainer, so what makes leavers suddenly beleive they can trust her to deliver a hardline brexit when a year ago she believed it was better to be part of the eu, What has she done to convince you she will do a deal that goes against almost everything she thought was best for the uk a year ago,
Either you believe she will go against what she thinks is best for the uk now. Or she was going against what she believed in, last year.
I suspect when she gets this mandate she will do something in between the two poles. I also suspect me as a leaver may end up happier with her compromises than some leavers that have put all their trust in her.

as a Remainer I have no faith in her at all. The recent lies and U-Turns have just solidified my mistrust.

You may or may not be right. I dont trust anything May says, she changes tack all the time. What makes me wonder though is all these hardline leavers willing to put all their trust in somebody that campaigned to remain, somebody that said there wouldnt be a snap election, and how they will react if in yet another change of tack after winning an election with a bigger majority, she negotiates a deal with some sort of free trade deal with some free movement. Surely the leavers want some assurances from her what her red lines are. Do you have that much faith in her not to change with the wind again, I wouldnt if I was you.

You are not me. I dont trust any politician. All are liars some are just more competant than others at lying and at running the country. The only honest man who entered westminster was guy forkes.

Who out of the other candidates would Leavers vote for? May is obviously the best chance they've got. Corbyn-Farron? You work with what you've got and I for one believe she's the best chance leavers have got.
I think your right, which takes me back to my first post tonight, which was about why she should do the debates, if I was a leaver I would want her on record with what she would and wouldnt accept. I think some leavers have convinced themselves she has become this hardline leaver. Im not convinced she is, maybe just a bit of wishful thinking from me, but her track record should lead everyone from both sides to mistrust her.

There is no middle ground we are leaving the EU. May will bring us out of the EU but with 'New' agreements which will be decided ultimately by parliament, a parliament we can vote out if they rescind or backtrack on any promises made. As for the U turn her hand was forced with the 'No mandate' from any remainer in earshot of a microphone. She's a politician not a saint.

I think your right, which takes me back to my first post tonight, which was about why she should do the debates, if I was a leaver I would want her on record with what she would and wouldnt accept. I think some leavers have convinced themselves she has become this hardline leaver. Im not convinced she is, maybe just a bit of wishful thinking from me, but her track record should lead everyone from both sides to mistrust her.

She's a career politician and I don't trust her by default, I just wish I had a choice in who I could pick. Only Farage would push this through and the chance of him seeing any form of input is as remote as Sergio leaving us for Liverpool.

You are not me. I dont trust any politician. All are liars some are just more competant than others at lying and at running the country. The only honest man who entered westminster was guy forkes.

But wasn't he a terrorist like them IRA losers.
What is it with catholics and gunpowder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.