General / Mental Health Support Thread

Worse than ever. Most of the day is spent lying on the couch now. I'm back at the clinic, though, and they're referring me here there and everywhere. Got a month free pass for swimming baths, but I can't get there any more.
Have you ever tried cannabis as medication, Kaz? Not that I'm advising it, as it's illegal and not for everyone. I go all day suffering, but after tea I have a joint..no more suffering. It's like my body breaks free. I now look forward to that relief (not a good thing as weed is so fucking expensive, "more-ish" and I have to buy it from criminals. I'm now in a lot of debt because of it). I'm trying to work out whether it's just a psychological thing, like a placebo, or is it really having an effect on the Long COVID issues.
i have thought about it but never tried it , my brother found it very good for his MS , he knew a few criminals lol. I take valium when i need my muscles relaxing , didnt help much last night but then nothing really did , just a bad nite, hopefully tonite will be better

i have thought about it but never tried it , my brother found it very good for his MS , he knew a few criminals lol. I take valium when i need my muscles relaxing , didnt help much last night but then nothing really did , just a bad nite, hopefully tonite will be better
Problem with weed is, if you try it, and it works, and you LIKE it....it costs a lot! The doctor won't give you a prescription for it. Snide. haha.
I hope you get a better night tonight. I never know what causes the bad nights....they just happen. The restless leg syndrome is a double whammy for me....that drives me mad at times. I want to have a little lie down because of the Long Covid, but the restless leg syndrome laughs at that; You will NOT fall asleep! Just as I start to drift off, it kicks in. Like a mad tickle down the spine into the legs. Sick of it all, Kaz. I've been referred to therapy as I mentioned that sometimes i don't want to live. It's obvious those thoughts will cross our minds, isn't it?

Problem with weed is, if you try it, and it works, and you LIKE it....it costs a lot! The doctor won't give you a prescription for it. Snide. haha.
I hope you get a better night tonight. I never know what causes the bad nights....they just happen. The restless leg syndrome is a double whammy for me....that drives me mad at times. I want to have a little lie down because of the Long Covid, but the restless leg syndrome laughs at that; You will NOT fall asleep! Just as I start to drift off, it kicks in. Like a mad tickle down the spine into the legs. Sick of it all, Kaz. I've been referred to therapy as I mentioned that sometimes i don't want to live. It's obvious those thoughts will cross our minds, isn't it?
I get restless legs sometimes , i think that is a thing that would drive you to suicide in the nite , awful thing it is , my mum had it bad so i dont know if it has a genetic link or not

Hope therapy helps you lovely , i saw a psyciatrist ( sp) for a year when i was first ill , it is such a hard thing to come to terms with , i was early thirties when i got ME and fibro , i dont expect to be able to put up with it for long now it has got even worse , i cant live like this , havent been able to do my daily walk for six months or so now, the four walls are closing in gradually

I get restless legs sometimes , i think that is a thing that would drive you to suicide in the nite , awful thing it is , my mum had it bad so i dont know if it has a genetic link or not

Hope therapy helps you lovely , i saw a psyciatrist ( sp) for a year when i was first ill , it is such a hard thing to come to terms with , i was early thirties when i got ME and fibro , i dont expect to be able to put up with it for long now it has got even worse , i cant live like this , havent been able to do my daily walk for six months or so now, the four walls are closing in gradually
I’m sure you’ve tried everything for the restless legs but magnesium and iron supplements help me keep it at bay, plus of course avoiding alcohol, caffeine and sugary snacks too close to bedtime.

My RLS is the genetic version. I had it a little as a kid but it came back after i reached 40. Fucking torture at times. I'm on ropinirole and gabapentin for it...it JUST helps. Just. Sometimes not at all.
Yeah...my walks have become less. A good walk in the day usually helps with my mood, but my back and legs now ache too much. It gets so depressing repeating the same shit every day, doesn't it? I've seen every Four in a Bed episode now... why? I'll get busy with the garden again soon. That's good therapy.

I’m sure you’ve tried everything for the restless legs but magnesium and iron supplements help me keep it at bay, plus of course avoiding alcohol, caffeine and sugary snacks too close to bedtime.
i agree on the magnesium, i take a high dose three times a day and i dont get the legs and arms going off so much these days . When i was first ill there was limited evidence that magnesium injections would help so i had those every couple of weeks , painful as hell and my weight dropped so much they were hitting the hip bones with the needle so i stopped having it

My RLS is the genetic version. I had it a little as a kid but it came back after i reached 40. Fucking torture at times. I'm on ropinirole and gabapentin for it...it JUST helps. Just. Sometimes not at all.
Yeah...my walks have become less. A good walk in the day usually helps with my mood, but my back and legs now ache too much. It gets so depressing repeating the same shit every day, doesn't it? I've seen every Four in a Bed episode now... why? I'll get busy with the garden again soon. That's good therapy.
Getting out in the garden will be nice in the summer , fresh air is good

I have occasional restless legs and the last time it was really bad I bought this stuff, rubbed it on my legs before bed and it really helped. Might be worth considering for those who suffer - it's only a tenner and worst case scenario is you're no better but your legs smell nice.

Try cbd oils mark.... Two types one with high thc content and other without. Can be bought online, with a bit of investigation you could find a fair price online to give you the relief you need.

God bless bud.

I have occasional restless legs and the last time it was really bad I bought this stuff, rubbed it on my legs before bed and it really helped. Might be worth considering for those who suffer - it's only a tenner and worst case scenario is you're no better but your legs smell nice.

My missus uses a magnesium cream (as she has occasional back pain from an injury when she was in uni) and I can confirm she smells like cinnamon bun icing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.