General / Mental Health Support Thread

Fingers crossed it's nothing serious. A friend of mine recently had something similar, she had to have a colonoscopy which obviously isn't at the top of anyone's list of fun times, but it came back that she had diverticulitis which is one of the best outcomes it could have been.
My mum had that for years so hopefully i just have that , thanks

I inherited my dad and grandad’s bowel problems. I’m no medical expert (unlike half of the internet…) but things do seem to be hereditary.

If I can have a colonoscopy without sedation then so can anyone.

Sod that , if i have to have one i am taking sedation !

Even better! I didn’t have a companion with me so they couldn’t sedate. It was actually alright.

After having stoma reversal, I was out in six days. What they can do is so good now.

Even better! I didn’t have a companion with me so they couldn’t sedate. It was actually alright.

After having stoma reversal, I was out in six days. What they can do is so good now.
I would have to go on my own but in a taxi so maybe ok for sedation. I assuming because of the quanty of the blood i will have to have the camera test , blood tests and poo sample next week first and also ovarian cancer test

111 are amazing , called them thursday as the surgery could only give me one in five weeks time which is mad , so they booked in a telephone appt from my dr yesterday , they were a big help when i had covid lungs , sent me an ambulance when i couldnt breathe , i dont like seeing people slag off the system , it works really well for all sorts of problem

One or two of the nurses in hospital were very poor. I also had regular problems with my food in terms of being given things I shouldn’t be eating or getting my choices wrong and refusing to rectify.

Even recently admin staff called me in despite the Consultant saying it was too early. I was seen regardless.

One or two of the nurses in hospital were very poor. I also had regular problems with my food in terms of being given things I shouldn’t be eating or getting my choices wrong and refusing to rectify.

Even recently admin staff called me in despite the Consultant saying it was too early. I was seen regardless.
I found the agency nurses were lazy and couldn't be arsed helping at times. The nighttime ones were useless.

I found the agency nurses were lazy and couldn't be arsed helping at times. The nighttime ones were useless.

Arrowe Park and Clatterbridge (Wirral) was generally fine but I’m never falling ill in Newham, East London again.

I would have to go on my own but in a taxi so maybe ok for sedation. I assuming because of the quanty of the blood i will have to have the camera test , blood tests and poo sample next week first and also ovarian cancer test

111 are amazing , called them thursday as the surgery could only give me one in five weeks time which is mad , so they booked in a telephone appt from my dr yesterday , they were a big help when i had covid lungs , sent me an ambulance when i couldnt breathe , i dont like seeing people slag off the system , it works really well for all sorts of problem
I'm having trouble making my Long COVID and related appointments. I don't drive and have no money. I would walk, but the nature of my condition means i can't. I've had to cancel several appointments now.

Reactions: ob
Arrowe Park and Clatterbridge (Wirral) was generally fine but I’m never falling ill in Newham, East London again.
Salford Royal where I went is supposedly good compared to others (especially North Manc Gen...that's meant to be stuck in the Victorian ages). Most of the staff were fucking ace...just some of the agency ones were bad. I asked one if he could empty the bile bag which was draining my stomach through my nose..he picked it up and started to walk away with it! Glad I didn't ask him to drain my catheter.. Ouch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.