General / Mental Health Support Thread

I'm having trouble making my Long COVID and related appointments. I don't drive and have no money. I would walk, but the nature of my condition means i can't. I've had to cancel several appointments now.
Ask at your practice about getting hospital transport , also google it and you can ring your consultants secretary and explain your difficulty , and ask if you can get a telephone appt at least , you must get to them and the system is there to help , good luck x

My brother lost his job a couple of months ago and went on universal credit, not been in the best of places mentally. Universal Credit didn't pay him this Friday in error, he sent them a big message explaining this and their reply was to insinuate he is lying, ask for a copy of his bank statements (which won't be looked at til his next appointment in 2 weeks) and give him a number for a food bank
Its a good job he has family he can turn to, I feel sorry for people who don't who deal with this shower of arseholes.

My brother lost his job a couple of months ago and went on universal credit, not been in the best of places mentally. Universal Credit didn't pay him this Friday in error, he sent them a big message explaining this and their reply was to insinuate he is lying, ask for a copy of his bank statements (which won't be looked at til his next appointment in 2 weeks) and give him a number for a food bank
Its a good job he has family he can turn to, I feel sorry for people who don't who deal with this shower of arseholes.
The dwp are cunts , they insinuate playing the system as their default position . People who think getting benefits are easy and a lifestyle choice should fucking well realise it can happen to anyone , losing everything you had is not just for the few , think on

The dwp are cunts , they insinuate playing the system as their default position . People who think getting benefits are easy and a lifestyle choice should fucking well realise it can happen to anyone , losing everything you had is not just for the few , think on
Conservative Gov. instructions: treat all benefit claimants as scrounging scum. Knock them all off sickness benefits...only the desperate will appeal.
My stepdad had to appeal even though he was dying of cancer.
Hate the Tories with passion because they clearly hate us.

My sister was deemed fit for work after having cancer 3 times, got dementia on week of her 60th birthday. Hadn't been fit for work for few years. Stopped her money and told her to apply for jobs. Ended up having to submit sick lines (which she'd forget due to dementia). Turned down for PIPs which we appealed and won. During that year I was supporting her financially. Hope he gets sorted soon

Fingers crossed it's nothing serious. A friend of mine recently had something similar, she had to have a colonoscopy which obviously isn't at the top of anyone's list of fun times, but it came back that she had diverticulitis which is one of the best outcomes it could have been.
I have that. Found out when my bowel burst outside Stamford bridge one Wednesday night 7 years ago. About to go in turnstile and collapsed. Rushed into hospital, emergency surgery to repair bowel. Completely changed my life style because of it. Got fitter, changed diet etc. like your friend it was the best outcome

Been awake since 3am , not in too much pain but sick of being ill, the birds singing saved me this morning and a big merlin cuddle

Reactions: ob
I'm starting to get very anxious about my operation. It's 3 and a half weeks away and I'm finding it difficult to focus on anything else. I'm scared and that's making it harder and harder to care about work and small talk and the million little things.

Been awake since 3am , not in too much pain but sick of being ill, the birds singing saved me this morning and a big merlin cuddle
Tell me about it, I have won a tribunal for a overpayment in income support (DWP found that i didn't qualify for IS and should have claimed UC a Judge found that I did qualify for IS and should never of had that benefit stopped) However because I claimed UC when I should have still been on IS I now have been overpaid UC...Bless her the judge said "you need to go away and consider whether you want to continue with this appeal because when I find in your favour(which I will) you will be in a worse position, I urge you to get benefit advice" Tried that...It seems If doing a Benefits calculation online and being given UC claim phone number doesn't sort your problem...you are farked

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.