General / Mental Health Support Thread

Just had liver ultrasound after an ALT reading of over 100. said it looks fatty and hard but I’ll need to await full details. Typed hard liver into Google and cirrhosis pops up. Also im having a hearing aid fitted tomorrow and adter my hearing test the audiologist has referred me for an MRI to check why half deaf in one ear and other is fine. So this to add to high cholesterol, pre-diabetes, hernia etc. I’m 47, look about 20 odd but seem to be about 65 internally. Oh and still have prostate symptoms and GP still suspects bladder issue and now trying a second medication. If that fails to work I’ll be referred to urology. I’ve felt better than this to be honest.

Last edited:
Just had liver ultrasound after an ALT reading of over 200 - said it looks fatty and hard but I’ll need to await full details. Typed hard liver into Google and cirrhosis pops up. Also im having a hearing aid fitted tomorrow and adter my hearing test the audiologist has referred me for an MRI to check why half deaf in one ear and other is fine. So this to add to high cholesterol, pre-diabetes, hernia etc. I’m 47, look about 20 odd but seem to be about 65 internally. Oh and still have prostate symptoms and GP still suspects bladder issue and now trying a second medication. If that fails to work I’ll be referred to urology. I’ve felt better than this to be honest.
Good luck mate

Just had liver ultrasound after an ALT reading of over 100. said it looks fatty and hard but I’ll need to await full details. Typed hard liver into Google and cirrhosis pops up. Also im having a hearing aid fitted tomorrow and adter my hearing test the audiologist has referred me for an MRI to check why half deaf in one ear and other is fine. So this to add to high cholesterol, pre-diabetes, hernia etc. I’m 47, look about 20 odd but seem to be about 65 internally. Oh and still have prostate symptoms and GP still suspects bladder issue and now trying a second medication. If that fails to work I’ll be referred to urology. I’ve felt better than this to be honest.
Bloody hell mate. You've nearly filled the bingo card.

Still young enough to reverse some of that.

Really feel for you Drone, I hope you get some health back it's a fucker when it seems like it piles up on you.

Good luck.

Fucking hell lovely ! You know we are all here for you xx

It's my operation next week and I'm shitting it a bit.

I know logically that it's a very common op that they do all the time with a very low rate of serious complications, but still it scares me.

And I'm worried for what comes after. I'm only now just about recovering from nearly dying at the New Year. Heading straight back into several weeks of being dependent on other people to varying extents makes me feel like all this hard work of recovery has been for nothing (I know that's not true - it's made me strong enough to face the surgery - but I'm exhausted just at the thought of doing it all again). And you just don't know how big a deal the menopause is going to be until you're in it, do you? I'm not looking forward to finding out 10 or 20 years early.

My family and employer are being incredibly supportive. I don't know what I'd do if I wasn't in such a lucky position in that regard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.